We are currently recruiting for an Estimator to join a National House builder. The successful Estimator will be based from our client's Midlands office in Birmingham and will be reporting to the Chief Estimator, providing cost estimates for Refurbishment work to Housing Developments in a time efficient manner.
It is expected that the successful candidate will have previous experience in a similar role, although experience of estimating on residential projects is not essential. A willingness to learn and develop a long term career is paramount as my client are looking for someone that is keen to forge a long term career with them. This does mean that there will be excellent career development opportunities.
The successful Estimator will be expected to consistently provide accurate estimates. Day to day duties will include, but not limited to, attending sites to ensure there is a clear understanding of the scale, scope & risks involved with the works being tendered for, producing feasibility studies & budget proposals, completing CSA's & general tender submission documents, liaising closely with the buying & surveying teams to ensure that all information used in the bid compilation process is accurate and up to date.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a strong Estimator to take the next step in their career and join a National House builder. By joining a company of this nature, you will receive unrivalled training & development opportunities and an extremely secure, long term, career move.
Estimator Position Overview
- Assist the Chief Estimator in the vetting of bid documentation
- Attend sites in order to ensure a thorough understanding of the scale, scope and risks involved with the works to be tendered for
- Produce feasibility studies and budget proposals
- Consistently provide accurate estimates
- Complete CSA's and general tender submission documents
- Liaise closely with the buying & surveying teams to ensure that only accurate and current information is used in bid compilation
- Comply with the company's H&S and Environmental policies
Estimator Position Requirements
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Keen to develop
- Strong computer skills
- Clear communication, both written and verbal
- Previous experience of using estimating software
Estimator Position Remuneration
- Competitive salary in line with market rate (DOE)
- Company car or car allowance + Fuel card
- Medical cover
- Regional performance related bonus
- 26 days holiday + Christmas shutdown
We, Bennett and Game Recruitment, a technical recruitment agency based in Chichester are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Join us on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn - Search Bennett and Game Recruitment.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"