We are looking for an enthusiastic Estimator to join a successful and widely known UK leading contractor. A contractor who understands and appreciates that their people are the very nucleus of what really makes their business move, a contractor constantly raising industry standards and a contractor therefore known as one of the most desirable industry employers.
Reporting to the Managing Estimator, you will be responsible for tenders, two-stage projects and cost plans; all tenders are Design and Build and projects values range from £10m -£80m. The schemes provide added interest as they are across a range of sectors including industrial, retail, student accommodation, private rental schemes, offices, and industrial fit out. They enjoy their commanding position in these markets through an absolute commitment to ever improving quality, both of their product and their service.
- Manage the tender from receipt, through to submission and post tender queries.
- Liaise with and manage the internal and external tender team.
- Mark up enquiries to be sent out to the supply chain, organise Bills of Quantities production and obtain material quotes where necessary.
- Evaluate returned quotations from supply chain and liaise with supply chain member to bring quotations in line with the project specification requirements.
- Prepare and evaluate risk and opportunity.
- Arrange and prepare commercial documents for tender handover meetings.
- Review supply chain performance quarterly.
- Attend pre-qualification, mid tender and post tender interviews.
- Visit sites to obtain feedback.
- Prepare cost plans, feasibility studies and liaise with Clients.
Skills & Experience Required
- An industry applicable ONC/HNC B Eng. NVQ or equivalent experience.
- Demonstration of knowledge and practical application of planning and construction activities.
- Computer literate with a good working knowledge of Microsoft packages, including Microsoft Project.
- You will be able to demonstrate a high level of construction knowledge.
- You will be an ambitious individual, take pride in what you produce, have good communication, organisation and leadership skills.
- Bring value to an already successful work winning team.
- Project Cost
- Tender Preparation
- Tender Submissions