LG Recruitment are currently working with a leading Building, Civil & Rail specialist who are currently looking to add to their Commercial division.
Our client is looking to recruit proven Estimators who ideally have extensive Rail and Civil Engineering experience.
- Analyse tender documentation and capture client's requirements.
- Produce an accurate BOQ for pricing purposes to reflect client's requirements. Based on a robust knowledge of CESSM 3, Highways Method of Measurement or SMM7.
- Clear knowledge of costing traditional and design and build contracts.
- Prepare material and sub-contractor enquiry documents.
- Carry out site visits. Assimilate information and take account of in tender pricing.
- Assess individual rates and prices, create new or insert from sub-contract and material quotes.
- Produce accurate and competitive commercial submission ready for internal review and sign off.
- Working knowledge of NEC3 and JCT Conditions of Contract, current HSQE legislation and construction techniques and methods.
- Attendance at pre and post tender meetings.
- Knowledge of building material components and plant requirements.
- Management skills - understanding programmes etc.
- Extensive Estimating experience.
- Strong analytical and reasoning abilities.
- Good organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Highly numerate with well-developed ability to accurately manipulate numerical information.
- Confident and resourceful.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work alone or part of a team.
- Actively drive the collaborative approach to ensure the best submission is provided.
Competitive salaries are on offer and will depend on experience. Other benefits will include, company car and private healthcare.
For more information or if you wish to apply then please contact Liam.
- Civil Engineering