Estimator - We are currently recruiting for an established contractor within the Civil Engineering sector, they are currently seeking an Estimator to join the growing team based in Lanark, Scotland. This is an excellent opportunity for a Civils Estimator or an Estimator with previous experience of working for Main Contractors to join the company's main contract estimating team. The Estimator will be required to prepare and subsequent negotiation of tender submissions for building and civils projects whilst examining incoming tenders and review potential contracts.
The Estimator should possess 5 years or more worth of industry experience within a Large Civil Engineering organisation or Main Contractor within an appropriate industry. The Estimator should possess experience of working with various forms of contract such a JCT and NEC contracts relevant to the Civils and Building sector. Our client requires all applicants to be qualified to HNC or degree level ideally within Quantity Surveying or Civil Engineering however an experienced Estimator will not be required to have a degree.
Estimator Position Overview
- Examining tenders and reviewing contract potential
- Measuring and "Quantity Take-Off" from drawings
- Producing bills of quantities
- Sourcing pre-project information and analysing sub-contractor quotations, agreements and enquiries.
- Build up tender price from first principles based on scope of works, plans, specification programme
- Cost Planning
- Produce tender report in preparation for tender adjudication
- Attend pre & post contract interviews, client meetings etc.
- Investigate cost effective or alternative solutions
- Comply with company procedures as required.
Estimator Position Requirements
- HNC or Degree qualified in Civil Engineering or Quantity Surveying (unless experienced Estimator)
- 5 years + worth of previous experience working as an Estimator.
- Experienced with various forms of contract such as JCT and NEC relevant to Civils/Building
- Experience in D&B (Design and Build) as well as other standard construction types and Construction work.
- Site experience would be advantageous
- Estimating experience with Causeway would be beneficial.
Estimator Position Remuneration
- Company benefits package and salary will be discussed upon successful interview.
Join us on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn - Search Bennett and Game Recruitment.
Bennett and Game Recruitment are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job