An exciting new opportunity has arisen for an Estimator to join a prestigious company in Somerset on a permanent basis. Our client is a specialist contractor to the water industry across the UK, focusing on reservoirs and water towers. Due to growth of the company they are looking for an Estimator to join their expert team, working on exciting water projects.
The successful candidate will have a variety of roles and responsibilities to ensure projects are delivered on-time and within budget. These include:
- Being responsible for receiving, processing and submitting bespoke price schedules, bills of quantity and tenders for a range of projects.
- Handing over the secured project to the Operations Delivery team and support with the procurement of labour, plant, material and subcontract schedules.
In order to ensure given tasks are carried out effectively, it is essential for candidates to have the following skills, experience and attributes:
- Proven experience or both estimating and quantity surveying within the construction industry.
- Excellent communication skills with ability to liaise with people at all levels including team members, clients, suppliers and directors.
- Strong ability to multi task and meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to create accurate price bills schedules using Valesco software.
- Ability to quantify project risks that influence delivery costs.
- Strong MS Office and IT skills
- Full, clean UK driving licence.
This is the perfect opportunity for an experienced estimator to join a highly respected company working on exciting water projects.
To apply for this position, candidates must be able to live and work in the UK without Visa restrictions.
For further information, please call Ashley Clarke on or email ashley.clarke @ BlueprintRecruit.com and quote 13709. Alternately, you can apply directly by clicking the 'Apply' link and following the instructions.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job