ESTIMATOR | Bespoke Construction Industry
A rare and exciting opportunity has come up to join a well-established construction company that design and build unique timber/log structures for the holiday, agricultural and educational industries. Their product range includes holiday homes, classrooms, residential homes and garden studios, they design bespoke structures to suit the practical needs of their clients.
Due to further growth they are looking for a driven Construction Estimator to join their Head Office and work closely with the, Contracts Manager and buying team. This opportunity offers excellent scope for development.
THE ROLE WILL INVOLVE:
- Utilising existing Estimate & in-house job costing software; providing accounts with pre-contract budgets, monitor costs during the construction and assist accounts with post project cost evaluations
- Provide budget costs for pre-quotation sales qualification and producing cost breakdowns
- Producing fully detailed quotations; including specifications for presentation to clients
- Evaluating quotations received, determining best value and liaising with the buying department on issuing of purchase orders
- Quantifying work to formulate contract valuation requests; monitor contract amendments, provide costs and raise Contract Variations
- Help with the development of new products and their cost evaluation
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- Relevant qualifications (HND, HNC, Degree etc.)
- Experience of estimating in the construction industry
- Good knowledge of current MS Office software
- Full UK driving license
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills - ability to talk directly to clients
- Happy to work in a small, friendly office environment
Park Street People Ltd is an Equal Opportunities Employer. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this role.
- Residential Homes
- Project Cost