Estimator - Steel and Architectural Metalwork / Building Cladding / Quantity Surveyor background
If you are an Estimator with experience working within the Architectural Metal industry,or
construction industry such as cladding , please read on! >>
Or if you have of experience in the metalwork industry, perhaps are of QS back ground or maybe a graduate with experience of reading drawings and can be developed into an career Estimator
Located in Bishop's Stortford on the Herts and Essex border, our established, respected Client is looking for an Architectural Metalwork Estimator (Engineering Drawings Estimator ) to join their team to work on estimating on Metalwork for commercial buildings with emphasis on architectural sheet metal producing Balconies , ballistades ,steel staircases etc
The Architectural Metalwork Estimator will be actively reviewing RFP's and estimating numerous projects and you must be able to successfully identify and prioritise all tasks for multiple projects.
The Estimator must have a proven track record of estimating within the architectural metalwork, fabrication and steelworks industry and
Estimator - Steel and Architectural Metalwork / Graduate / Quantity Surveyor background have a good knowledge of estimating the manufacturing and installation/erection of steelworks and architectural type metalwork's projects.
· Responsible for producing priced tenders that are accurate, detailed, and competitive that are returned within deadlines set.
· Generate accurate, detailed tenders from client's drawings, specifications and site visits.
· Assist others in selection of materials and sub-contractors when required to do so and propose alternative materials or methods.
· Take responsibility for ensuring tender is delivered to the appropriate place on time
· Reviewing supplied tender documentation including drawings, details and specifications.
· Constructing a logical and consistent price/offer using spreadsheet models.
· Production of consistent, error-free quotations to customers and assisting with any amendments in line with discussions within the sales team or direct contact with our customers
Skills and Experience:
· Significant experience in the architectural metal work industry in the capacity of Estimator.
· Knowledge of steel manufacturing, installation/building, material components, building regulations, estimating and H&S.
· Word, EXCEL SPREADSHEETS l and Outlook and computer skills for record keeping/data entry and report writing.
· Highly effective interpersonal communication and negotiation skills.
· Must be literate in Architectural and Engineering drawings. Maybe some CAD AUTOCAD experience but this is not essential .
· The capability of pricing to the requirements by understanding relevant drawings supplied architectural specification and design & build information.
· The capability of formulating quotations for architectural metal work, small structural support steel work, staircases, walkways and balustrade both in mild steel and stainless steel.
· Excellent attention to detail, good numerical skills and the ability to work to deadlines is essential.
· Knowledge of contractual procedures and responsibilities.
· Good negotiation, influencing and communication skills.
· Strong analytical and reasoning abilities.
· Good organisation skills and attention to detail.
Salary Guide: DOE £28,000 - £36,000 pa
Working hours: Monday - Friday - 8.00am - 5.00pm
- CAD Estimator
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"