Estimator - Manufacturing - Steel/Aluminium
Are you a self-motivated and hands-on Estimator or Trainee estimator with experience of working within a manufacturing or light construction company that produce and assemble metal products or structures (ideally from steel or aluminium) and an understanding of fabrication & machining processes?
Do you enjoy a role that offers variety and involves working closely with other departments and customers?
If so, an excellent opportunity has arisen to join a well-established and highly-regarded business with a lovely internal culture, based in Derby.
- As an Estimator, you will be responsible for preparing quotations for metal and wood structures. On a daily basis, you will respond to requests for quotes from internal customers. You will also liaise directly with external customers as required.
- You will need to be able to work on your own initiative to ensure tight deadlines for the provision of quotes are met, whilst working within the operational requirements of the business.
- Work will include creating manufacturing BOMs and routings, so the successful applicant will possess good design knowledge.
- It essential that you work as a team with other departments, including procurement, design and commercial to ensure quotations are accurate and commercially viable.
Skills, experience and attributes sought:
- Experience in a similar role with knowledge and understanding of metal fabrication and machining processes.
- It would be advantageous to also have knowledge of wooden assemblies, but this is not essential.
- You will be advanced in computer literacy and have previous experience of using and interrogating MRP systems
- You must be able to interpret 2D drawings.
If this sounds like you and you are interested in learning more about the role and company, please apply today for immediate consideration.
- Technical Sales
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job