Highfield Professional solutions are currently recruiting for an exciting role for an Estimator to join our clients company in London.
This is a fundamental role within the business where you will be expected to build and maintain relationships with Project Managers, Architects, Interior Designers, Clients and Subcontractors ensuring there is a good understanding of the high-end market.
You will join a team renowned for their exceptional client service who are currently winning a variety of high end residential contracts in London. You will be given exposure to an array of projects and will be providing a full service to a wide range of high end clients.
- Work closely with the Quantity Surveyors assisting with the costings and estimating of materials at tender process.
- You will oversee and review the current pricing structure, implementing new processes as well as checking all tender pricing before sending to clients
- Manage the take-off of projects and schedule of material from drawings.
- Attend regular meetings with clients, Architects, Quantity Surveyors, Designers and Subcontractors to fully understand the extent of the order, scope of works and the agreed programme.
- Prepare works to be estimated by gathering proposals specifications and related documents i.e drawings, schedule of works.
- Research and submit a list of subcontractors who will be part of the supplier tender list without compromising on quality of works, timeline and standard of material.
- Send out tender enquiries for supply only packages such as ironmongery, sanitary ware, internal doors, skirting & architrave etc.
- Manage the procurement schedule and advice project team of typical order times, ensuring sufficient time is given to obtain specialist material.
- Ensure regular meetings are carried out with the design team and the supplier ensuring the brief is maintained and within the time schedule.
- Resolve discrepancies by collecting and analysing information.
- Develop and maintain procurement schedules of all live projects capturing any new design changes, lead times and additional trades.
- Regular contact with site managers and project managers ensuring material is ordered and delivered on time without compromising the project timeline.
- Pricing additional works and raising Instructions.
- Working in coordination with other departments in the business.
The Senior Estimator will have:
- 3 + years' experience as an Estimator within the construction industry (Essential)
- Good understanding of estimating within high end residential construction industry (preferred)
- Have a great knowledge of building and leveraging a network of commercial gain.
- Be clear and confident communicator
- Ability to negotiate and improve margin
- Have great organisational skills.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft packages e.g. Excel, Word
- Enthusiastic, ambitious with the ability to work on your own initiative.
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Excellent attention to detail and proven ability to meet deadlines
Hours: 0800 - 1700 (Monday - Friday - with flexibility required)
Location: West London
Additional Company Benefits: Competitive
For more information on this role or to apply please contact Courteney Rogers on otherwise please click apply now.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job