Estimator's required to join a leading main contractor who are undertaking large scale Civil Engineering works on HS2.
Junior to Intermediate Estimators who have experience working on Civil Engineering projects from £5m plus would be of interest.
Experience of working on Civil Engineering, Highways, Tunnelling and Utilities projects will be considered.
These are fantastic opportunities to work on a flagship project with 10 years local work ahead.
- Review customer's drawings and specifications to prepare accurate costing sheets for materials, labour and equipment
- Ensure compliance with the companies procedures, including pre-construction gate process
- Assess and manage risk and opportunity and support negotiations as part of the pricing process
- Collate and review tender documents and submission requirements in a timely way, ensuring all financial information is identified and provided and accurate compliant design proposals are included
- Establish and agree key plant rates
- Agree with engineering and planning key methods, outputs and plant selection
- Detailed analysis of subcontractors' analysis
- Manage and coordinate the preparation of preliminary and general expense pricing including plant schedules and risk assessment
- Prepare tender settlement papers and carry out any belated adjustments as a result of tender settlements
- Provide bills of allowances as part of the commercial handover meeting
- Responsibility for 'sign off' of all cost elements prior to any gate meetings or financial submissions
- Select suitable sub-contractors and specialists for each project
Who we're looking for:
- Previous experience of managing/implementing all aspects of the estimating process for projects, within the construction industry
- Valid CSCS card
- Good working knowledge of pricing and quantification methods
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills coupled with an ability to form effective relationships with partners under time pressure
- Proficiency in IT, numeracy and MS Office Basic & Estimating Systems
- A desire to continuously pursue innovation and development, with a focus on the customer and the business
- Civil Engineering
- Quantity Surveyor
- target cost
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job