Estimator / Cost Engineer - Aerospace Fabrication
My client is privately-owned reputable business who are growing year on year and are looking for an experienced Estimator/Cost Engineer to join the business. They are currently expanding further into the Aerospace fabrications market and are looking for a confident Estimator to support this growth.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Produce estimates/costing for new and existing products.
• Maintain enquiry register and ERP system price lists.
• Track dates of enquiry to quotation completion to ensure that quotations are provided in line with customer requirements.
• Provide commercial feedback on both new and existing programmes, providing quotations and negotiating prices.
• Work with purchasing and supply chain to obtain supplier quotations for sub-con and special ops.
• Deal with the customers on a day to day basis regarding any issues from quotation stages to final delivery of parts.
• Attend customer and supplier visits.
• Travel with Management team in UK and abroad if necessary.
• Support the senior management team in fulfilling or exceeding the business plan.
• Perform other such duties as generally correspond to the nature of the position and its level of responsibility.
Estimator/Cost Engineer - Qualifications/Specific Experience Required:
• No specific qualifications are required although industry specific training would be helpful
• Experience in sheet metal forming and welding techniques
• Experience in Non-Conventional machining techniques
• Knowledge of the requirements/specification of the major Aerospace OEM’s, i.e. Rolls Royce
Estimator/Cost Engineer - Person Specification:
• Self-driven, results-orientated who is a natural forward planner
• Mature, credible and confident in dealing with different stakeholders
• Excellent communicator able to work as part of a team
• Able to acknowledge accountability and seeking ownership
• Accurate in delivery with excellent attention to detail
• Able to manage and prioritise workload sufficiently