An exciting opportunity for an experienced Estimator has arisen to join an Essex based building contractor who build excellent relationships with both clients and sub-contractors ensuring that projects are delivered on time, within budget and health & safety is at the forefront of their business.
Specialising in construction works for public authorities including county and district councils, government departments, statutory authorities and the private sector the successful Estimator will capture clients requirements and analyse tender documentation.
Working alongside the Directors the Estimator will actively drive the collaborative approach to ensure the best submission for tender is provided.
* Producing accurate BOQ for pricing purposes to reflect client's requirements
* Clear knowledge of costing traditional and design and build contracts
* Prepare material and sub-contractor enquiry documents
* Carry out site visits. Assimilate information and take account of in tender pricing
* Assess individual rates and prices, create new or insert from sub-contract and material quotes
* Produce accurate and competitive commercial submission ready for internal review and sign off
The Estimator will have at least 5 years working experience within a similar role.
* Working knowledge of NEC3 and JCT Conditions of Contract, current HSQE legislation and construction techniques and methods
* Attendance at pre and post tender meetings
* Knowledge of building material components and plant requirements
* Good negotiation, influencing and communication skills
* Strong analytical and reasoning abilities
* Confident and resourceful
* Self-motivated with the ability to work alone or part of a team
For more information on this Estimator position within a forward thinking company please contact Jacqui Clark at Adore Recruitment.
Due to the high response, if you have not been contacted within 7 days, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. However, we will keep your details and notify you of any other opportunities.
Please note, you will be required to provide your eligibility to work in the UK.
Adore Engineering and Construction is part of the Adore Recruitment group and specialises in Engineering and Construction recruitment across the UK. We are acting as an employment business/specialist agency.