Carpet Roles UK are delighted to be assisting their clients, a growing East Birmingham / Warwickshire based Flooring Contractors with their search for an Estimator / Planner to help with the development of their business.
They have an excellent reputation for the friendly way they operate and supply and fit all types of commercial and industrial flooring. They have a turnover that is growing quickly and are now seeking a person to effectively and accurately price up the increasing number of works they are engaged on.
The role will briefly involve:
- Formulate quotations, liaising with suppliers and negotiating discounts to enable our quotations to be priced as competitively as possible.
- Able to take off dimensions from drawings.
- Organise and prioritise quotations as per company requirements, log /record quotations and chase main contractors / clients effectively securing client feedback to build historical data and when necessary, establish reasons for not winning jobs and re-quote and reduce prices where possible.
- Build upon relationships with main contractors / clients and win / increase market share.
- Costing up Spreadsheets.
- Pro-actively increase the Companies profile and exposure.
- Report confidently to senior management weekly on results achieved.
The ideal Estimator will hold the following skills and experiences:
- Wealth of knowledge and personal contacts within the flooring industry.
- Possess the skills required to digitise and analyse flooring plans and be experienced within the tendering process.
- Knowledge of tendering sites such as Builders Conference / Barbour advantageous.
- Good communicator, PC skills necessary as will be updating databases and Spreadsheets daily.
- Sales Focussed, capable of bringing in new business and have existing contacts in the trade.
- Team player.
In return you will receive a negotiable basic salary in the region of £25000 to £30000 - plus Bonus.
For immediate consideration for this role please forward your CV Via the link on this page, or for a confidential discussion call Justin Kelly.
Carpet Roles UK are dedicated recruiters to the UK Carpet and Flooring Industry.