- This is an exciting opportunity to join a well established UK based main contractor, who tender for clients through exciting and innovative projects worth up to £9 million
- Has an excellent reputation and real emphasis on retaining key, long term clients throughout the process from architectural to design and quantity surveying prestigious projects
- Formed in 1986, the company has gone from strength to strength and solidified their place in the construction market as an all-round respectable and well established contractor.
- New starters will join a established company who value their employees, providing ongoing support to emphasise career development alongside personal development
- Due to growth and unparalleled demand, they are looking to add another experienced estimator to their comprehensive team
- The Estimator will be joining the team based in the Surrey office, liaising with management to complete estimating duties, matching the company's standards.
- As an Estimator, you will be liaising with sub-contractors and suppliers to ensure that the specification for the project is estimated correctly, from the first enquiry right through to the submission of the bid.
- The Estimator will be analysing contracts and preparing the sub-contractor pricing to pitch a bid alongside the commercial manager, for exciting projects within the London area.
- The Estimator will also be required to visit sites to conduct estimations, whilst maintaining client relationships, alongside connecting with potential clients.
- The candidate will also have a fantastic network of support within the role and great career progression opportunities.
The Ideal Person:
- The successful candidate will be a driven, motivated, task orientated self starter, looking to progress and develop their skills within the construction sector.
- The successful candidate will have some technical experience within the construction industry, demonstrating knowledge of building material components and building product/service regulations.
- Must have experience of a tendering based role, ideally estimating for main contractors.
- Any on-site experience including Surveying, Craftsman work or Physical roles would be an advantage.
- Will ideally possess experience within the new build or Refurbishment market sectors.
- Candidates must hold a full, clean UK driving licence and personal transport as you will be visiting sites regularly.
- The ideal candidate will also hold a relevant construction qualification/CPD or degree
Consultant: Lisa Spiteri
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK.
About On Target
At On Target, we specialise in sales, technical and commercial jobs in the Engineering, Construction, Building Services, Medical & Scientific, and Commercial & Industrial Solutions sectors, enabling our consultants to become experts in their market sector. We place all levels of personnel, up to Director across the UK and internationally.