Our client, a long established specialist groundwork's contractor have a requirement for an additional Estimator with civils/heavy groundwork's experience
Due to continuous expansion and a healthy order book now and for the foreseeable future they are seeking an Estimator with a Civils/Building background to join our team in their busy Cambridge office.
Your Key Activities as Estimator will include but not limited to: -
• Responsible for the preparation and subsequent negotiation of Tender submissions for Civil/Groundwork projects
• Examine incoming tenders and review contract potential
• Measuring & Quantity Take-Off' from drawings
• Producing Bills Of Quantities
• Sourcing pre-project information and analysing sub-contractor quotations, agreements & enquiries
• Build up tender price from first principles based on the scope of works, plans, specification, programme
• Cost planning
• Produce tender report in preparation for tender adjudication.
• Attend pre & post contract interviews, client meetings etc.
• Collect and distribute of feedback.
• Investigate cost effective and/or alternative solutions.
• Input data entry onto estimating software.
• Maintain awareness of latest techniques.
• Carry out other relevant duties as required from time to time.
You're Qualifications and Experience should be:
• Ideally with 5 years or more of proven estimating experience with large Civils or groundwork's Companies,
• Ideally a HNC or degree in Quantity Surveying or Civil Engineering.
• Experienced with various Forms of Contract, such as JCT and NEC, relevant to Civils/Building works.
• Experience in Design & Build as well as other standard construction types of construction work
• A team player who is a confident communicator with all members of staff.
• You must have excellent interpersonal skills; maintain good working relationships with colleagues, clients, and suppliers and have a personable character.
• Excellent organisational skills and ability to adhere to strict deadlines on a daily & weekly basis.
• Microsoft office proficient
• Estimating software experience.
• Site experience is advantageous.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a well respected company who have extensive work across Cambridge and surrounding areas. As a business they have fantastic staff retention and offer the chance of career development as well as an attractive salary/package