Position: Estimating Manager - Facilities Management
Salary: £35,000 + benefits
Location: Milton Keynes
Our client is a Facilities Management company specialising in the provision of managing agent services within high volume retail environments.
Because of continuous growth they now require to recruit an Estimating Manager to work within the shared services operations Team. This is a new position.
The main function of this position will be to review and validate quotations and invoices from suppliers to establish that they are appropriate and value for money before being submitted to their customer for approval.
Key responsibilities include: -
- Validate supplier’s quotations / estimates to ensure they are technically and commercially suitable
- Assist in the validation of invoices to ensure the proper parts have been used and correct rates applied
- Ensure suppliers estimation of labour is reasonable and the materials are appropriate
- Provide the operational team with accurate information in relation to commercial activity and savings
Candidate background & experience: -
- Experience of maintenance / building fabrication environment is essential
- Experience within a surveying or commercial audit environment
- Experience of commercial improvements activities
- Sound analytical skills & understand of management information
- Ability to evaluate quotations for technical suitability & commercial appropriateness
- Ability to manage conflicting priorities & interests reconciling different priorities
- Problem solving and analytical skills
- Effective communicator & good interpersonal skills
- Team player
This is an immediate vacancy and candidates should forward their CV in strictest confidence to Chris Foster at PDA SEARCH & SELECTION LIMITED.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job