£28 - 35k depending upon experience
The Estimator will work within our busy Sales function by producing quotations for high-precision machined parts that are used principally in the oil and gas, aerospace, marine and industrial sectors.
The Estimator will be responsible for:
- Pre-qualify RFQ’s and ascertain the contractual requirements.
- Read and interpret Engineering drawings and identify how best to manufacture items from drawings and available processes within the business.
- Liaise with production engineering, planning, and purchasing and quality colleagues to ensure we can meet requirements - or negotiate alternatives with the customer.
- Produce quotations to the deadlines - estimate all machining/inspection times for in-house elements and incorporate externally sourced elements.
- Ownership of enquires throughout the quotation process
- Liaising with sub-contractors via telephone, email, and face to face
- Assist with writing, reviewing, and issuing of proposals to client in line with SLA’s
- Document Control of reports, data and proposals
This role would suit a HNC/ HND qualified engineer who has experience as a Sales Engineer, Estimator or internal Account Manager. The Estimator will have worked within precision engineering and have expertise in materials, processes, treatments, and quality requirements.
What you will receive in return:
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- 5% pension contribution
- Long service awards
- Employee referral bonus
My client are a trusted and recognised key provider of precision components and engineering solutions to the aerospace and defence, oil and gas and nuclear sectors.
The company has 40 years’ experience working to the highest industry standards, controls and compliance.
If you feel you have the necessary skills and experience and meet the criteria above please apply below
- Precision Engineering
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
Not quite what you are looking for? Try these similar searches
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'