Job Title: Estates Surveyor, Capita Real Estate Property and Infrastructure
Location: Barnet, North London
Competitive Salary & Benefits
About the role
We have a current opening for an Estates Surveyor to join our team in Barnet.
The role of the estates surveyor will be to support the Head of Property, the Principal Surveyor and the Senior Surveyors in ensuring the first class delivery of property consultancy and Estate Management services in support of the Partnership and to manage the operational, non-operational and investment portfolios in a professional and commercially enterprising manner.
You will manage a caseload of agency, Landlord and Tenant work and general transactional, valuation and property consultancy work. The successful candidate ideally will be MRICS or working towards their qualification.
About Capita Real Estate Property and Infrastructure
Re (Regional Enterprise Limited) is a joint venture between the London Borough of Barnet and Capita to run the Council's development and regulatory services for the next ten years. The JV went 'live' on 1st October 2013 and will deliver growth in the Borough and develop a new and exciting consultancy business, which will supplement the core activities.
What you will do:
- To assist in ensuring that all opportunities are reviewed and exploited to reduce the cost of holding surplus property including temporary letting, security arrangements and serving appropriate notices for business rates relief.
- To prepare sales particulars and heads of terms and to negotiate terms with individuals and their professional advisers.
- To assist in undertaking the Council's valuation requirements including general valuation advice, development site valuations, valuations to support regeneration schemes and any other valuations as required.
- To assist in the preparation of evidence to be presented to the Lands Tribunal, County Court and Public Local Inquiries.
- To assist in the preparation of correspondence and reports to Lead Members, Cabinet, Committees/ Sub-Committees, or be a representative of the Council at, forums, working groups etc.
- To assist in the development of options appraisals for surplus assets including disposal strategies, operational use and retention for investment.
- To assist in property disposals and acquisitions including property searches
Your Experience Will Include:
- Degree in Valuation and Estate Management or a relevant field.
- Member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (MRICS) or Associate of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (AssocRICS).
- Experience within a property environment.
- Estate Management knowledge gained during the course of education and in a work environment and proven competency across a range of valuation and property management practices.
- Experience of building and maintaining positive working relationships both within the organisation and with external bodies.
What's in it for you?
At Capita, training and development aren't optional extras: they're how we do our job. We will motivate you to perform at your peak, recognising your achievements and rewarding them appropriately. As well as a generous basic salary we also give you 25 day's holiday, company pension scheme and access to voluntary benefit options including; child care vouchers, share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle. All of this, in a professional but fun environment.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - click apply now.
Capita operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
If you are successful with your application, you will need complete Capita's vetting and screening checks. This will include, but not be limited to, Reference Checks, a Criminality Check, Financial Probity Check, Sanctions Check and Media Check.