Rosyth, KY11 2BL
About the job
Join the Defence Infrastructure Organisation (DIO) and have a future that matters: Be proud; Be challenged; Be unique.
To help achieve our objective of equipping Defence with a smaller, more efficient and better quality estate we are seeking motivated and suitably qualified people to join our established Estates Support Team (Finance) within our Estates Division. This involves dealing with a diverse Customer and Landlord base within the United Kingdom and Overseas areas.
The post advertised is for 37 hours net, however the Ministry of Defence offers a range of flexibilities to enable a better work-life balance for employees. Flexible working, Part-time working and Job Share working patterns will be considered.
It is desirable that the successful candidate has experience within:
• IMS Lease Administration and CP&F
The position is based in Forthview House, Rosyth
DIO adopt a smarter working policy: The post holder would be based out of the main office location but has the flexibility to work out of other DIO Offices. All employees are provided with IT equipment to facilitate smarter working.
ResponsibilitiesLeadership and Management of the Estates Directorate
• Manage individuals to contribute to business outputs
• Demonstrate a personal commitment to the DIO Values
• Develop staff and support line manager in delivering departmental goals
• Ensure local compliance with mandatory requirements e.g. H&S training
• Promote strong working relationships both within the team and with other teams across DIO and MoD
Office Management and Co-ordination
• Ensure effective and efficient delivery of support services to all team members including absence cover for critical services.
• Provide ad-hoc support services to other areas of the wider Estates team.
• Ensure maintenance of delivery and operational support systems and databases, including SharePoint, IMS, CP&F
• Management of file storage and archiving in line with MOD procedures
• Provision of a high-quality administrative service
• Co-ordination with the host unit and attendance at meetings to ensure statutory compliance
• Coordinate internal programme communications and knowledge management, e.g. management of group Inboxes, document management and control, distribution of directives and bulletins
• Other specific support to the team/function as required
• Supporting development of stakeholder management and analysis activities
• Managing engagement with stakeholder’s offices/support staff
• Awareness, communication and distribution of DIO Corporate communications material
Specific responsibilities of the post
• Audit Bills for accuracy making sure they are paid on time and prioritised whilst following audit procedures.
• Liaise with Defence Business Service Liverpool ensuring IMS Lease Admin payments are released on time.
• Oversee the payment of Council Tax and nondomestic rates.
• Responsible for the production and distribution of late payment reminders to tenants.
• Support and oversee the Miscellaneous Bills process.
• Support and oversee the process of allocating bank receipts and cheques received in the Finance Section.
• Support and oversee credits onto IMS and deallocation of invoices.
• Create, manage and produce reports for statistics on income and expenditure in year and.
• As directed produce reports for FOI and Parliamentary Questions.
• Manage the receipt and forward distribution of Acquisition and Disposal FO1 cheques.
• Responsible for the smooth running of the section IMPREST account
• Management of legal documents for hastening outstanding payments.
• Other specific support to the team/function as required
Post holders will be required to undertake occasional travel.
About our Team
The DIO is the MoD’s expert adviser and enabler on infrastructure matters. It is tasked with equipping Defence with a significantly smaller more efficient, better quality estate.
Estates are the in-house real estate team within DIO advising our customers on current and future?infrastructure?needs, we manage, safeguard and dispose of the Defence?real estate.
Our unique customer knowledge and insight of the Defence Estate enables our in-house team of chartered surveyors, town planners, registered valuers and technical staff to provide in-depth advice, adding value to our customers delivery programmes across England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland and Overseas. This includes but is not limited to: property advice, safeguarding, byelaws, rationalisation programmes, acquisitions, disposals, lease management, accommodation programmes, commercialisation initiatives, rating, valuation programmes and the management of the tenanted estate.
Estates has three delivery teams, Acquisitions & Disposals (A&D) - delivering the Acquisitions and Disposals Programme, Accommodation Optimisation Team (AOT) providing strategic accommodation advice and support and Land Management Services (LMS) – providing a comprehensive land, estate and property management service.
ESTATES SUPPORT TEAM (EST)
The EST are accountable for the business and admin support to all Division sub branches (including Land Management Services (National and Overseas), Projects, Acquisition & Disposal and Accommodation Optimisation, Safeguarding, Planning, Housing and Byelaws).
DIO is part of the Ministry of Defence (MOD). We play a vital role in supporting Defence by leading and managing the delivery of what the Armed Forces need to live, work, train and deploy on operations. Under the Future DIO Transformation Programme, DIO will become the MOD’s professional estate services business and realise our organisational vision of providing a better estate, a better service and a better business. See more on Defence Infrastructure Organisation – GOV.UK
To find out more about us, take a l
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'