Location: You will be working at multiple properties in Aberdeen
Hours and Rota: 37.5 hours per week, usually Monday to Friday but flexibility is required
(A driving licence valid for driving in the UK is essential)
What we look for in you
- Experience of supervising reactive and planned maintenance
- Demonstrable experience of leading teams
- Excellent working knowledge of Health and Safety legislation and its application in the workplace
- Experienced in managing third party contractors
What you`ll get up to as an Estates Supervisor
To give you an idea what to expect, you`ll be:
- Supervising the Estates Maintenance team across a number of properties, to include:
- Managing performance effectively
- Supporting the training and development of the Estates team.
- Coaching and mentoring team members
- Acting as the lead for maintenance activity in the city
- Responding and attending to maintenance and Health and Safety related calls within the required service level agreements
- Identifying and ensuring the rectification of a wide range of faults, defects, both domestic and commercial
- Logging maintenance issues reported via Maintenance Request Forms
- Responsible for managing budgets
- Scheduling teams working activities
- Responding and attending to maintenance and H&S related calls within the required SLA
- Accountability for ensuring team members undertake trade based activities to the correct standard
What Unite Students is all about!
We`ve been the leaders in the purpose built student accommodation market since our foundation back in 1991 and have been at the top of our game ever since. We`ve grown a lot since then and you can now find us in 28 different university towns or cities, with close to 50,000 students calling us home!
Benefits of working with uS
We recognise that your hard work shouldn`t come without its perks, so here`s a little list of some of the things you can expect to get from us:
- We`ve earned an award for "Investors in People - Gold", so you`ll be working for an employer who really cares about you and your career
- Take time to relax with 25 days` holiday plus bank holidays
- An annual bonus to reward you for all your hard work
- Enjoy amazing discounts at certain restaurants, retailers and entertainment venues
- And most importantly, you`ll be working within a fun, passionate and vibrant team
As part of our commitment to safeguarding our students, all new employees in this position will be required undertake a basic criminal record check prior to commencing employment. The cost of this check will be incurred by Unite Students. Any offer of employment will be subject to a satisfactory criminal record check result.
Unite Students is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome people of all ages, ethnicities, disabilities, religions or sexual orientations. Your application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.