Estates Project Engineer
Salary Negotiable - Circa £35,000
The post holder will be responsible for the day to day programme and lifecycle schemes to improve the physical environment to benefit patients and staff. They will develop cost-effective, compliant and fit-for- purpose schemes, providing technical estates guidance and advice in respect of Lifecycle and Project schemes inception to post-completion. They will overlook and commission schemes to ensure they are delivered within pre-agreed time, cost, and quality parameters and to the appropriate technical standards.
- Specify, tender, commission, handover & manage cost control of minor capital, plant replacement & building fabric refurbishment projects
- Prepare business cases and detailed project briefs in terms of function, time, cost and quality for all major and minor lifecycle and project works.
- Ensures that clear and firm project plans, timetables and Gantt charts are in place by the use of an established project management methodology, such as Prince2, ensuring that there is full integration of services and that physical works and financial plans are fully co-ordinated.
- Provide construction & whole life costing of PFI Contract Variation
- Monitor constantly the quality of construction and engineering projects, and ensures compliance with statutory requirements, such as Building regulations, IET Wiring (BS7671) and Gas Safety(Installation and Use) Regulations, the Health and Safety at Work Act and Trust standards for Infection Prevention and Control.
- Ensure documentation concerning statutory compliance, health service specific guidance, codes of practice British Standards is up to date, relevant, and available and communicated to
- Participate in Estates on call rota as necessary
- Performs Authorised Person Duties where appropriate, such as for Water, Medical Gases, LV/HV and Specialised Ventilation.
- Carries out such other works as may be identified from time to time by the Estates Operations Manager or General Manager
- It does not seek to define all of the duties associated with the post and is subject to amendment/alteration.
- Degree / HND or equivalent in Building Services Engineering or Building Construction
- Professional qualification in Building Services Engineering, Building Construction or other property related discipline or a minimum of 3 years working at a similar level in healthcare property maintenance to a performance criteria
- Able to fulfil the role as Authorised Person Low Voltage System, High Voltage and Medical Gas Pipeline Systems and Nominated Person in respect of management of Water Systems subject to periodic skill updating and competency assessment.
For more details, or to have a confidential discussion about this role, please call Steph Ellison on .
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.