Reporting to the family and Estate trustees, you will provide administrative support as required in addition to managing the Estate Office.
The nature of this role is such that the successful candidate will be efficient and organised; a self-manager who can use their initiative to get things done and who can be relied upon to hit deadlines. The day to day work will be varied and occasionally unpredictable and, as such, calls for someone who is flexible and who thinks creatively.
This is a people facing role which requires someone who is personable and friendly and who is capable of dealing with guests, contractors and fellow staff in an agreeable manner.
To contribute to the efficient running of the estate by maintaining estate systems, supervising and coordinating office staff and supporting the family and Trustees.
- Assist EMS, family or trustees: organising diaries, ensure records and correctly kept and filed, admin support as necessary
- General office: answering phone, taking messages, receiving parcels, opening and sorting post, dealing with walk-in enquires
- Prepare and issue staff communications as necessary, organising and maintaining a holiday register, supporting other members of the office team as required
- Maintenance of Purchase Control System: create orders for approval, match invoices into P/O system and scan, follow up on unmatched invoices
- Petty cash: hold, issue, scan and record
- Cash takings: record, scan and secure
- Website: maintain and edit estate website as necessary
- Vehicles: ensure all estate vehicles are taxed, insured and have current MOTs
- Energy: take and submit Biomass meter readings
Skills and Qualifications
- Fully computer-literate
- Discretion and trustworthiness: you will often be party of confidential information
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Organisational skills and the ability to multitask
- The ability to be proactive and take the initiative
- Team player
- Good humoured
- Experience of website management
20 hours a week 5 days a week (9.30am-1.30pm)
DUE TO LOCATION, OWN TRANSPORT IS ESSENTIAL
Adecco is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job