On behalf of our client we have a new and exciting job just in for an enthusiastic candidate and someone with vast experience in Land, Countryside and Estate Management and working closely with the Senior Management and stakeholders to support and manage our clients’ Devon Estate. Whilst it is beneficial to have experience of Landlord and Tenant, this part of the role will be fully supported by Head Office and is therefore not essential.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Sustainable, efficient and effective management of landholding in a rural / natural environment.
- Oversee the management lettings with the support of Head Office
- Actively working with the European land and asset management platform to keep all information updated
- Implement policies, guidelines and strategies from corporate sustainability
- Implementations and management of planning schemes including restoration and rehabilitation
- Co-ordinating environment studies provided by specialist consultants
- Ensure full compliance with planning permission legislation and best practice to minimise the environmental impact of the clients’ activities
- Share best practices
Essential skill sets:
- Driving Licence
- Degree or HNC, HND in Estate Agriculture or Land Management
- Land, Countryside and Estates Management in a rural / natural environment
- Experience of trees, hedges and implementation of restoration of sites
- Ability to produce instructions and specification for instruction of contractors
- The ability to work independently and able to make decision based on reasoned justification
- Developing effective working relationships and deal diplomatically with stakeholders and local community
- Support for planning application and environmental studies
- Implementation of planting schemes, including restoration and maintenance
- General Estates Management and local liaison
- Support management of Mineral Leases
- Management of Tenanted properties
- Basic knowledge of mapping and plan preparation (eg AutoCAD, GIS)
The Person: -
- Self- Starter
- Able to use your own initiative
- Remote working as isolated at times.
- Good interpersonal skills
Essential skill sets:
If this is the role for you then please apply below.
For this role you must provide a detailed covering letter with your application otherwise you will not be considered at this stage.
- A vehicle will be provided for the role.
- 8-4pm with a ½ hour lunch, Mon-Fri (37.5hours per week)
Please be aware that we will endeavour to contact all applicants, however if you have not been contacted within 72 hrs please assume that you have not been successful on this occasion and your CV will be kept on record for future positions.
Contempo Recruitment is an employment agency acting as such under the Employment Act 2008 and Employment Agencies Act 1973 (and amendments).
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job