The Estates Officer will be technically biased with a knowledge of PPM, reactive systems and general the day-to-day delivery of buildings and their services.
The role will assist the Head of Facilities Services by providing effective management of the maintenance services, through daily liaisons with both outsourced contractors and Facilities Managers.
The role works across the full portfolio of premises the Trust owns and occupies in Surrey and will be responsible for ensuring all reactive and small work projects are delivered in a safe, compliant and managed way and that stakeholders are fully engaged.
The role works for Surrey and Borders Partnership NHS Foundation Trust is the leading provider of health and social care services for people of all ages with mental ill-health and learning disabilities in Surrey & North East Hampshire and drug & alcohol services in Surrey and Brighton. The Trust delivers high quality care across 140 services, all of which are registered with the Care Quality Commission. Individual treatment and support which helps people work towards recovery is at the heart of everything we do.
Qualifications required - Technical qualification or equivalent relevant experience and IoSH and/ or NEBOSH
Experience required - minimum three years technical maintenance; either Building, Mechanical, Electrical and/ or Engineering background of more than three years; expertise and experience in managing technical maintenance related contractors and their delivery; liaising simultaneously with multiple stakeholders;effective financial control; and project planning and management.
This role will act as SABP’s principal point of responsibility for all maintenance activities across its property portfolio.
Key responsibilities of the role shall include:
- Daily management of the out-sourced maintenance services supply chaincompleting PPM and maintenance works and small works projects;
- Responsible for ensuring a visible presence to internal stakeholders and being the principal point of contact for SABP personnel and the associated maintenance supply chain for the properties;
- Responsible for ensuring all planned maintenance work is undertaken in a timely manner incorporating statutory and legislative compliance as well as adherence to other relevant maintenance standards (e.g. HTMs);
- Service delivery regarding maintenance and minor improvement works through all Trust buildings;
- Responsible for ensuring that all maintenance services are carried out to SABP’s required standards with cognisance of the contract as well as all business governance, policies, processes and procedures through robust audit of the associated supply chain;
- Ensuring that quality and workmanship audits are undertaken to ensure maintenance services received by SABP are fit for purpose and represent Value for Money ("VFM") including auditing the supply chain’s KPI performance reporting for the facilities within the allocated cluster (in part utilising the supply chain Help Desk and MIS);
- Contributing to the improvement of maintenance processes and associated organisational procedures that supports maintenance delivery;
- Identifying new maintenance initiatives including innovative products and services to contribute to reduced operating costs and in accordance with SABP’s overall property vision and objectives;
- Identifying and developing responses to operational and commercial risks and liaison with the SABP stakeholders to mitigate disruption to trading or business as usual activities in maintenance delivery;
- Consulting peer managers across the organisation, including Fire, Sustainability and Energy to ensure operational services issues are being appropriately managed;
- Participation in informal and formal meetings frequencies (including obtaining relevant reports at relevant frequencies) on all maintenance performance and cost related issues
- To undertake any other duties as appropriate to the nature and grading of the post.
- Support the maintenance of up to date policies relevant to related service responsibilities.
- Support the Facilities Managers in ensuring that the out-sourced maintenance services supply chain is fully compliant with Trust and related policies and for addressing any deficiencies identified.
- Identify and act on communications opportunities relating to the hard FM services which will be beneficial to the Trust.
- Ensuring high standards of customer service are maintained in all dealings with Trust staff and contractors.
- Pro-active approach towards maintaining a safe working environment.
- Support in ensuring that the Trust meets all statutory and legislative compliance requirements and that a robust record keeping, and reporting process is established to demonstrate this.
- Support Trust activities requiring Property input, (PLACE inspections, Health and Safety Audits etc)
- Building Maintenance
- Communication Skills
- Contract Management
- Facilities Management
- Stakeholder Engagement
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'