Direct supervision and assist in the management of Caretakers and monitoring of estates and contracted services on designated estates. To assist with the implementation and evaluation of change, working creatively for solutions to caretaking and estate services issues. To provide a comprehensive estate service within a designated area at times assist on other areas as required.
12 Weeks Temporary (Potential 6 Months Fixed Tern Contract)
Weekly Hours: 35 Hours
Work Pattern: Monday to Friday, 08:00am - 16:00pm with 1 hour lunch (12:00pm - 13:00pm)
PAYE rate: £15.17
LTD company rate: £19.13
Purpose of the Job
- To manage and supervise a team of caretakers to ensure the highest possible standards of caretaking and cleaning
- To assist in the provision of an effective and responsive caretaking service.
- To lead in the monitoring of standards on the estates, through regular and ad hoc block inspections, either alone or in conjunction with managers, tenant representatives and Members, taking appropriate remedial action on problems encountered.
- To provide a responsive customer service to residents in relation to cleaning standards on the estates. Proactively responding to issues raised by residents in relation to estate services.
- To ensure that appropriate levels of staffing are maintained at all times.
- To monitor contracted services on the estates, ensuring that any failure in service is addressed promptly.
- Management of staff performance to meet organisational aims and objectives, including implementation of Circle Anglia’s Performance Review, to include supervision sessions.
- To assist in the production of regular reports on all aspects of the estate service as required.
- Monitor and chase progress on communal repairs, including the reporting of emergency /urgent repairs, and post inspecting to ensure quality.
- To carryout post inspections on communal repairs, reporting on the quality of work carried out by contractors.
- Provide out of hours assistance on appropriate housing matters to tenants and residents on a rota basis.
Main duties and responsibilities
- To assist in the management of caretakers, work allocation, monitoring and supervision, ensuring corrective action is taken where appropriate.
- To encourage and motivate Caretakers to work effectively when working as a team and on their own patch.
- To assist in the development and training of staff and using high performance coaching techniques to motivate staff to their full potential.
- To assist in the production of management reports that may be used in connection with formal action.
- To make recommendations for the improvement of communal areas and estates, liaising with appropriate staff as necessary.
- To liaise with Customer Service Managers on matters relating to the general enforcement of tenancy conditions including investigations of complaints, nuisance, anti-social behaviour, noise, racial and other forms of harassment.
- To provide information for managers to answer correspondence from residents and their representatives, members, M.P.’s etc. on matters associated with estate services, within target timescales and with due consideration of the quality of response provided.
- To assist in the ordering, distribution of stores and equipment to staff.
- To assist in the induction and training of Caretakers.
- To liaise with housing staff and with those contractors who provide other estate services, eg Cleaning, Grounds Maintenance, estate cleaning, repairs and maintenance.
- To ensure the rapid removal of all refuse and lumber from estates using both internal and external agencies.
- To issue stores and maintain audit records.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job