Remedy Recruitment are currently seeking an Experienced Estate Officer to work in a Local Authority within London.
**2 years' experience within Housing Required**
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Obtain references and financial documents, including budgets and bank statements, for all applicants and liaise with trustees over interviews.
- Prepare Letters of Appointment and Licences to Occupy and ensure transfer of all utilities, including Council Tax, TV Licensing.
- Before new residents move in, pass their details onto the Business Officer, who will liaise with the residents regarding WMCs, including Housing Benefit, on arrival and during their residency.
- Ensure new residents settle quickly and happily.
- In response to a notification from the Business Officer that a Resident is in arrears, arrange for and take appropriate action to collect the arrears.
- Inform the Residents of WMC reviews.
- Undertake bi-annual inspections of the properties, note its condition in the property register, and make recommendations to the Trustees to correct any problems found.
- Undertake biennial checks of residents' financial circumstances to ensure they are still satisfying the Charities objects.
- Maintain a general duty of care for the residents through regular contact and, where deemed appropriate, signpost them or their family to local services. This remit does not extend to anything that might be construed as 'assisted' or 'supported' living. 1
- Encourage independent living for the residents for as long as possible.
- Ensure Health & Safety policies, Risk Assessments, Data Protection and a Complaints Procedure are in place for the Residents and estate, and that they are complied with. Uphold the principles and practicalities of all relevant current legislation.
- Liaise with the Residents to keep them updated on matters that might affect them; arrange at least six-monthly meetings for Residents, staff and Trustees, and compile and distribute at least three newsletters a year.
- Ensure that residents are aware of safety procedures, including emergency evacuation.
- Ensure the Handbook for Residents is kept current.
- Recognise, respect and safeguard the individuality and rights of residents, and respect their confidentiality.
- Liaise with the Trustees and other Officers regarding looking after and re-housing residents should a fire, flood or similar emergency make their homes temporarily uninhabitable.
The Successful candidate will require the following.
- Have good time management and computer skills, with the ability to prioritise tasks and time effectively.
- Be a skilled, diplomatic and empathic communicator, both written and verbal.
- Retain sensitive information in confidence.
- Build constructive working relationships within the team.
- Be observant and empathic to the needs of residents, trustees and other staff members and
- Possess integrity, resilience and good humour, together with a 'can-do' yet calm approach.
For more information please contact Bronte at Remedy on .