ESA Maintenance Engineer
Entity:Production & Operations
Job Family Group:
At bp, we’re reimagining energy for people and our planet. We’re leading the way in reducing carbon emissions and developing more sustainable methods for solving the energy challenge. We’re a team with multi-layered strengths of engineers, scientists, traders and business professionals determined to find answers to problems.
And we know we can’t do it alone. We’re looking for people who share our passion for reinvention, to bring fresh opinions, ambition, and to challenge our thinking in our goal to achieve net zero!
This great opportunity is responsible for providing Maintenance expertise to projects or operations, including maintenance, inspection and turnaround, proactively interacting with other disciplines, teams, sub-functions and contractors to systematically resolve problems and applying sound engineering judgement to drive integrated, pragmatic solutions focused on risk management, operating efficiency, defect elimination and standardisation.
The Maintenance Engineer is responsible for the execution of engineered maintenance activities for Terminals and Pipelines, following relevant project process from concept to execution, commissioning, and handover to operations, and ensure compliance with current legislation and bp company policy.
The role is key to the safe and reliable operation of the terminal, and to ensuring the terminal assets are fit for purpose.
The Maintenance Engineer is accountable for the following
- Develop 1-year and 3-5 year lookaheads, to include cost estimates and timelines, identifying key engineered maintenance activities required to maintain safe, reliable and competetive operations
- Following the appropriate project process, deliver against the plan ensuring all activities meet the financial, business, regulatory, safety and environmental requirements, and provide all relevant documentation
- Integrate operations, maintenance, HSSE and, where applicable, marine expertise during concept selection, definition of engineering scope, design, construction, commissioning and handover of facilities.
- Managing any changes subsequent to design through the MoC process
- Providing site support and construction supervision throughout the execution phase
- Develop and implement a commissioning, start-up, handover and operating plan including a post start-up review to confirm that construction is in accordance with design, all required verification testing is complete and all deviation and MoC actions are complete
- Implement and maintain a comprehensive quality assurance/quality control process for project design, procurement, construction, commissioning, start up and handover.
- Identify and assess the risks associated with the project interfaces to existing operations and implement plans to manage the identified risks
- Conduct documented post-project reviews to identify lessons for future projects
- Define contractually and inform contractors of the Entity’s HSSE requirements for the services and equipment to be provided, the scope of work of the contract and identified boundary conditions.
- Contractually require contractors to communicate the Entity’s HSSE requirements to their employees and subcontractors and demonstrate that they follow them.
- Contractually require contractors to confirm at defined intervals that their employees are competent and their equipment is fit for service, and their work is carried out in compliance with Entity requirements.
- Evaluate contractor performance at defined intervals to provide feedback, lessons learned and a basis for improving future contractor selection and performance.
- The Maintenance Engineer is responsible for preparing suitable metrics and reporting to monitor progress against the objectives and targets in the plan
- The Maintenance Engineer is also required to provide technical expertise to the Terminal teams or to engage with the relevant SME
The ideal candidate will have:
- Degree in a relevant engineering subject area or qualifications, demonstrated experience and training to an equivalent level.
- Chartered/Incorporated Engineer, or working towards chartered or incorporated status, with a recognised professional body.?
Essential Experience and Job Requirements:
- Project Management experience to include working with a structured and gated process, FEED/FEL and execution
- Trained and experienced with Control of Work and Permit To Work systems, confined space entry and working at height
- IT Skills Certification particularly in MS Applications (Spreadsheets, Word and PowerPoint)
- Excellent knowledge of the equipment processes and standards employed in the oil storage and distribution sector.
- Thorough understanding of industry related risks (safety and business) and able to relate to specific legislation.
- Thorough grasp of principles and application of Maintenance / Asset Management techniques such as RCM, CBM, RBM and FMECA.
- Significant and demonstrable experience with CMMS ideally in Frontline/Shire Systems, Maximo or SAP PM
- HAZOP / LOPA / Risk Assessment and Root Cause Analysis
- High level of administrative and organisation skills
- Influencing, motivating, facilitation, coaching and mentoring skills
- Ability to build positive working relationships at all levels within the organisation and with external contacts
- Well organised, self-motivated and performance driven
- Good level of financial understanding and business acumin
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Thorough and demonstrable understanding and experience working with in-company and industry standards and specifications
Why Join our team?At bp, we support our people to learn and grow in a diverse and challenging environment. We believe that our team is strengthened by diversity. We are committed to crafting an inclusive environment in which everyone is respected and treated fairly. Diversity Statement: At bp, we provide an excellent environment and benefits such as an open and inclusive culture, a great work-life balance, tremendous learning and development opportunities to craft your career path, life and health insurance, medical care package and many others!
Please note Reed.co.uk does not communicate with candidates via Whatsapp, and we will never ask you to provide your bank, passport or driving licence details during the application process. To stay safe in your job search and flexible work, we recommend visiting JobsAware, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat labour market abuse. Visit the JobsAware website for information and free expert advice for safer work.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'