ER Helpdesk Advisor / Employee Relations Helpdesk Advisor
Purpose of Role
To work within a central ER helpdesk environment to provide high quality telephone based ER / HR support and advice to Home Managers in a focused way. To support the field based HRA team and the operational teams to deliver the clients vision and mission of being the kindest care home provider and the number one care home in every locality and deliver the best health and care experience for Residents, the best working environment for colleagues and the best return for Investors.
Your role will involve:
- Working with the Senior HRA on the ER Helpdesk to facilitate delivery of your ER Help Desk SLA.
- Providing high quality telephone based ER / HR support and advice to Home Managers and Area Directors.
- Providing proactive and pragmatic ER support to Home Managers regarding their understanding and interpretation of HR policies and practices.
- Providing coaching and guidance to line managers on all aspects of ER at the point of calling and/or emailing.
- Working closely with the Senior HRA on the ER Helpdesk and the Area HRM’s to ensure advice is provided in a timely manner by the appropriate person.
- Escalating/seeking guidance on more complex ER cases from the Senior HR Advisor on the ER Helpdesk.
- Logging all correspondence, file notes, emails, attachments and reports electronically in the central folders to ensure a seamless service can be offered.
- Collating weekly MI on suspensions and cases where applicable.
- Ensuring all colleagues are managed fairly and consistently across the client through the delivery of high quality and consistent HR support and advice.
- Providing administrative support to the HRM’s in respect of documentation for ER and Tribunal cases.
- Creating and maintaining accurate records of all calls received and advice given.
- Contributing to the continuous improvement and updating of HR policies and procedures in line with current employment legislation.
Strong working knowledge of applying employment law and policies and procedures to ER issues such as, Discipline, Grievance, Suspensions, Performance Improvement and Sickness absence using a pragmatic approach and always ensuring commercial acumen.
Experienced in providing telephone based ER support to line managers
Experience of collating information for supporting ET claims
Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
Excellent customer service skills
IT literate to include the use of Microsoft Office
Ability to prioritise and plan time effectively
Working to tight deadlines whilst responding to last minute changes within these
Ability to analyse management information to drive decision making
Keen eye for detail and able to review large quantities of data to establish recommendations on cases
At least 12 months telephone based ER / HR Advisory Experience
Creating and maintaining accurate records of all calls received and advice given.
- Employee Relations
- Employment Legislation
- ER issues
- HR Policies
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'