The company is an international specialist in land and coastal engineering geophysical investigation of the ground and the built environment. As part of the global Fugro Group of geoscience and engineering companies we can offer a rewarding career path within a team that has the potential to develop in many directions and the opportunity to contribute to a wide range of exciting global projects.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an Equipment Technician to join our geophysical team based in Wallingford.
Your workload will be varied and focused on ensuring equipment is in good working order, organised logically and in a state of operational readiness for each mobilisation. You will be expected to actively contribute to the culture of safe and cooperative working here at Fugro.
Your specific responsibilities will include:
- Organisation of geophysical equipment and warehouse facilities
- Assisting geophysical teams with mobilisation & demobilisation
- Fault diagnosis and first line repair of geophysical equipment
- Liaison with suppliers regarding technical queries
- Preventative maintenance and routine servicing of equipment
- Performing routine calibration, inspection and functional check on equipment
- Contribute proactively to continual improvement of geophysical equipment, acquisition systems and procedures
- Responsibility for local control of substances (COSHH), consumables, spare parts and company vehicle inspections
Ideally, you will have:
- A HNC or similar level qualification in a Science Technology Engineering or Maths subject
- Working knowledge of electrical/electronic/mechanical maintenance
- Experience in testing and setup of equipment and fault finding
- Basic electrical diagnostics and repair
- Use of basic computer programs to produce instructions, configuration and calibration records
Our successful candidate will be adaptable and flexible. You will have excellent QHSSE awareness, IT and communication skills. A full UK driving licence is required in addition to being skilled in soldering and employing hand tools.
Our successful candidate will receive a competitive salary and benefits package.
Applications to be received by 27th August 2018.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"