Horizon Search & Selection are delighted to be working with a market leading and well established organisation working at the forefront of modern food production. We currently have an opportunity for an experienced Equipment Maintenance Engineer/ Multi Skilled Engineer to join their Maintenance Engineering Team in Soham.
Our client is a family business who successful work with the biggest food retail brands in the UK and Europe.The purpose of this position is to maintain purpose built, specialist automated harvesting machinery and equipment thus ensuring that production downtime is kept to a minimum. Currently the hours are 07:00 - 15:00 Monday - Friday, plus overtime is available regularly and during Mid April - October (Harvest Period) the hours change to a 2 Shift Rotation.
The key responsibilities with this position include:
- Preventative Maintenance - Working to a planned maintenance schedule to ensure that all machinery and equipment is adequately maintained
- Breakdowns/ Fault Finding - Promptly attend machinery breakdowns/ malfunctions carrying out electrical and mechanical diagnostic checks
- Liaison with production teams to ensure that tasks are prioritised and downtime is kept to a minimum
- Development of systems - Actively seeking was to improve systems and procedures and continually strive to improve the way the department operates, highlighting any safety, efficiency or reliability issues and suggesting improvements
- Assist in supporting a working environment where all works are safe, respected and able to develop and grow within the team
- Projects - Participate in ad-hoc projects that may arise from time to time, designing and fabricating bespoke equipment as appropriate
This role presents a brilliant opportunity for a passionate hands-on person who loves to fix things! The following skills and attributes are required:
- Basics in Welding, cutting and fabrication
- Also some experience of working with Hydraulics, Electrics and Mechanical equipment
- Some experience of PLC’s
- Any exposure to Can Bus Systems and Solid works design software would also be very helpful
Knowledge in the following additional areas is also preferable, but not essential:
- 3 phase electrics
- Redpack/ Fuji flow wrappers
- Brimapack autowrappers and Pilz safety relay systems
If you would like to know more about this position of you would like to apply, please send a copy of your CV to Gemma Turp today.
You can apply through our website as well as through Reed.co.uk
Due to the high volume of CV’s we receive on a daily basis unfortunately we are unable to provide specific feedback on each application. If you have not been contacted after two weeks from the date of your application unfortunately you may have been unsuccessful. We strive to deliver an excellent service to all of our candidates and as such, should you wish to discover the reason you may have been unsuccessful please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us.
Find us on Facebook, LinkedIn (Horizon Search & Selection Ltd) and Twitter (@Horizon_East) to hear about all of our latest jobs!