Horizon Search & Selection currently working on an opportunity for an Equipment Engineering Team Leader to join our client at their state-of-the-art manufacturing facility in Huntingdon.
Our client is a world class technical development and manufacturing company who supply innovative solutions for digital print into many different industries. Primarily creating piezoelectric drop-on demand inkjet technologies for printheads and pushing the boundaries of their capabilities continuously. This interesting company supply to a global market and this role presents a thrilling opportunity to join a thriving business within a highly technical and interesting environment. This role will be working a shift pattern that will include a night shift however a generous shift premium is also offered.
The purpose of this position will be to take responsibility for the upkeep of Operations production assets. You will be required to lead all Equipment Engineering group activities, improvements, developments and provide day to day production support for equipment breakdowns across the site. You will provide an effective preventative maintenance schedule and continually look to improve the processes used within the group. Leading a team of Engineers and also a technician offering support and guiding them in line with the company’s core values.
Duties and Responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring engineering workload is prioritised, communicated and provided in a timely manner
- Day to day management of the Equipment Engineering team which will include setting and reviewing business/ personal objectives associated with the annual performance review , Working with the departmental manager to define objectives in line with the company strategy
- Ensuring all production plant is safe, fit for purpose , ready to use and available when the demand is present. The Team Leader will work closely with Production to gain an understanding of their needs and support the process in meeting on time delivery targets
- Working closely with production and other Engineering Departments to improve the capabilities of the installed plant and equipment, where that is proven to be cost effective. Provide innovative solutions to those improvements and ensure that the business is ready to respond to changing customer demands
- Providing an effective and preventative maintenance schedule, reducing production downtime and preventing repetitive equipment breakdowns while maintaining product quality with the minimum maintenance effort
- Generating a strategy for long term improvement in key business areas with awareness of the impact on the rest of the business processes and interactions. Ensure that target KPIs are met
- Showing effective leadership in controlling Engineering workload, developing the capability of the Equipment Engineering team. Identifying weakness and supporting team members. Encouraging and creating a positive team approach to problem solving and fostering an environment of continuous improvement
- To support the production tool uptime requirements and work with line management and the shift team to instil TPM (Total Productive Maintenance) into the fabric of the production environment. Working to reduce the imbalance between reactive and preventative maintenance with the use of TPM schedules. Oversee and assist the shift preparation of training materials to support TPM Implementation
Working with the Senior Management Team, Production Managers and various other Engineering Departments, the skills and attributes required for this role are:
- Proven experience within an Engineering role and either an HND/ Degree within a relevant engineering subject or demonstrable vocational experience
- Excellent attention to details, organisational skills and the ability to coach and lead
- A flexible attitude and the ability to provide constructive feedback
- IT literate
- Comfortable and confident working in a fast paced environment
- Ideally some experience of i/o Logic and embedded PC automation equipment. 6 axis robotic systems & chemical handling systems. Some exposure to vacuum deposition tools, automated electronic assembly equipment and to custom built automation systems is advantageous
- Knowledge of fault finding on PLC systems such as Siemens, Mitsubishi etc.
- Proven experience of managing, coaching or mentoring teams and achieving challenging targets through a team
This role comes with an excellent salary, competitive shift allowance and generous benefits. In order to be considered, please send over your CV to Gemma Turp.
Due to the high volume of CV’s we receive on a daily basis unfortunately we are unable to provide specific feedback on each application. If you have not been contacted after two weeks from the date of your application unfortunately you may have been unsuccessful. We strive to deliver an excellent service to all of our candidates and as such, should you wish to discover the reason you may have been unsuccessful please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us.
Find us on Facebook, LinkedIn (Horizon Search & Selection Ltd) and Twitter (@Horizon_East) to hear about all of our latest jobs!
- Product Quality
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job