To provide Equipment Engineering support to production by managing the various systems in terms of, breakdown, maintenance, planned preventative maintenance, record keeping and performance. To enact timely fault finding repairs to manufacturing systems and ensure continuous improvement by identifying and implementing lasting solutions to production problems.
Key functions of the role are as follows
- The day-to-day maintenance of manufacturing systems and ancillary plant support systems.
- Maximising the uptime of all equipment necessary for production.
- Continual Improvement of reliability and performance of systems and equipment.
- Proactive involvement in the support of the process improvement and problem solving programmes.
- To pursue personal objectives decided at appraisal and progress improvement projects in line with company objectives.
- To provide site wide engineering and maintenance support to be carried out on manufacturing systems.
- To provide medium and long term planned preventative maintenance function and record keeping.
- To act as the Competent Person in all activities carried out in the area for which you are responsible
- To monitor equipment performance and identify problems, establish and implement lasting solutions to those problems.
Alternating shift pattern of 4 on / 4 off
HNC/HND or higher in an engineering discipline
- Ability to work with and lead a team by example
- Mechanical/Electrical/Electronic aptitude and experience
- Excellent problem solving and fault finding skills
Interpersonal skills; A quality focused, self-starter with the desire to drive continuous improvement through the organisation and challenge the status quo. Competence with general engineering principles, practise and theory should be key attributes.
- Continuous Improvement
- Manufacturing Systems
- Process Improvement
- Planned Preventative Maintenance