Equine Team Member
You will need an Equine Care or Animal Care qualification.
To work under the specific supervision of the Centre Team Leader and provide a high standard of care, ensuring the welfare of the equines in your centre.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
• To provide high quality care that ensures all equines have access to suitable water, feed and shelter and to ensure that hygiene is maintained.
• To ensure stables/shelters are mucked out thoroughly, water receptacles are clean and refilled, hay nets filled and weighed.
• To ensure instructions regarding the feeding of equines is followed stringently.
• To give a visual health check to the equines including lameness
• To inform senior staff of equine ailments and needs.
• Medication will be prescribed to some of the equines under your care, this you will expected to give on your rounds,
• To ensure paddocks are checked for hazards and clean.
• The catching and holding of nervous horses for the farrier and /or veterinary purposes.
• The grooming, trimming and bathing of equines, with the application and checking of rugs.
• Transporting of equines safely – as an assistant and/or driver of horsebox/trailer – subject to training.
• Tractor driving, using paddock sweeper and other implements.
• General use of tack and equine handling equipment.
• To understand the importance of effective communication, observation and unified team work.
• To liaise regularly with your line manager.
• To be an effective team member.
Benefits of being a Reed temporary employee:
• Holiday Pay – 28 days per annum
• Guaranteed offers of work
• Reed Rewards
• Life Assurance
• Training & Development
• Reed Discount Club
• Eye Test & Spectacle Vouchers
• Reimbursed Police Checks
• E-Account for timesheets, payslips etc.
• Professional Temping Agreement
• First and Secondary points of contact
If you are interested in this opportunity, then please apply now or send your CV to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01603 616190
Please note due to the high number of applications we anticipate we will receive for this post, if you have not heard from us within 5 working days, then your application has been unsuccessful.
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'