We have an exciting opportunity for an Environments Engineer to join our digital hub within Whitbread. You will work with the Digital Architecture and Product teams to understand and participate in defining the strategy behind our infrastructure and instrument the migration to new technologies.
Whitbread is the UK's leading hospitality company in the FTSE 100 including brands such as Costa Coffee, Beefeater & Premier Inn. By 2020, our goal is to achieve global system sales of around £2.5bn for Costa, and to increase the number of Premier Inn UK rooms to an incredible 85,000. All while creating around 3,000 UK jobs a year and continuing to expand our presence worldwide. There has never been a more exciting time to Whitbread
What you will be doing
- Support availability, security and stability of environments, facilitates environment data requirements, coordinates between the delivery workstream and 3rd parties to facilitate development and releases
- Define a monitoring framework and continuously monitor the entire infrastructure for preventive actions
- Follows best practice to ensure the security of our environments
- Support all levels of our environments (pre-live and live estate)
- Facilitates data requirements across all environments
- Helps with the integration of external applications and dependencies.
- Help to define and maintain a continuous integration and continuous delivery framework
- Analysis of current capacity and future growth to feed into Whitbread Infrastructure capacity planning
- Provides occasional out of hours support for major incidents requiring 2nd / 3rd level analysis.
- Keeps abreast of new technologies and techniques in the environment management realm and actively promotes improvements to our tools and processes
What we are looking for
- Strong experience of implementing AWS production systems for high-value transactional websites
- Strong track-record of working with CI/CD in a scaled Agile environment
- Clustering and load balancing knowledge
- Working knowledge for Agile processes and tools required to promote this methodology
- Ability to work with development teams to diagnose incidents and problems
- Docker orchestration experience
- Keeps up to date on the latest industry trends and openly shares thoughts on standards / tools / technologies / trends for environments management
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job