Environmental Trials Engineer
An exciting opportunity to join a high performing team of multi-disciplinary engineers delivering critical test & evaluation of defence munitions through the application of vibration, shock, climatic & radiography test programs. As part of this team you will develop the necessary skills to simulate some of the most challenging environments in the world to ensure that the systems are ultimately safe and suitable for service at the Environmental Test Centre (ETC) in Essex. ETC is a world class test facility.
Key Capabilities and knowledge.
* Supporting the Trials Team Leads in the management and development of the capability in the ETC as required.
* Work with the team to design trials in accordance with customer requirements.
* Act as a technical point of contact to the planning office, providing solutions to complex customer requirements to ensure delivery of test programs against contracted milestones;
* Author working procedures, ensuring compliance with all safety legislation associated with the activities and take responsibilities to ensure adherence by team members;
* Actively seek out and capitalise on opportunities for continued improvement in the operations at ETC.
* Ensure safe systems of work are maintained at all times during environmental testing.
* Take responsibility for adherence to working procedures, ensuring compliance with all safety legislation associated with activities.
* Undertake tasks associated with conducting environmental testing of test assets, and supporting activities.
* Define and lead set-ups and conduct environmental test programs in accordance with the customer specifications.
* Review documentation, process data and report and conduct quality checks on work produced against customer specifications and the client's standards before issue.
* Develop and deliver internal training programmes and provide supervision to develop other team members as required.
* Drive and determination to achieve goals and progress your experience and knowledge to develop your career.
* You must be able to work well as part of a team.
* Be flexible and adaptable to the many and varied challenges faced by this role.
* Good understanding of Quality Assurance, standards, and internal auditing.
* Ability to effectively communicate with people at all levels, both internal and external to QinetiQ, including customers, suppliers and other stakeholders.
* Strong diplomacy and negotiation skills to influence internal and external stakeholders.
* Results-focussed and high levels of responsibility and accountability.
* Methodical and Logical approach, conscientious.
* High level of IT competence.
* Safety conscious in all activities;
* Active and engaging team member;
* Committed to achievement;
* Excellent communication skills;
* Proactive and self-motivated;
* Flexible in delivering additional volumes and working hours;
* You must be able to work well as part of a team and under your own initiative;
* Be flexible and adaptable to the many and varied challenges faced by this role;
* Have the potential to develop into a subject matter expert in environmental testing.
Experience and Qualifications
* Formal apprenticeship or equivalent.
* Knowledge and experience within a relevant engineering subject.
* Knowledge of environmental engineering
Due to the nature of this role you will be required to undergo security clearance and as such must have been a UK resident for the last 5 years.
- Environmental Trials Engineer
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job