We are FCC Environment, one of the nation’s leading waste and resource management companies. Committed to sustainability, we strive to minimise the amount of waste that ends up in landfill by transforming it into valuable resources wherever possible.
We own and operate more than 200 recycling, treatment and disposal facilities and employ nearly 2,400 people across the UK.
We are currently looking for an Environmental Team Leader to join our team in Luton on a permanent, full-time basis.
- Competitive salary
- 25 days’ holiday per annum
- Company sick pay
- Pension scheme and life insurance
- Flexible benefits including high street savings, cycle to work scheme and Gymflex membership
- Access to an Employee Assistance Programme and the Best Doctors Service
- Peer to peer recognition scheme
- Training and development opportunities
At FCC Environment, we have a lot to offer our employees. We know that in order to achieve our goals, our people need to be happy and have all the tools they need to give their best.
We will invest in you, your talent and potential (for your benefit and ours). We’ll encourage you to challenge yourself, increase your existing knowledge and develop, both personally and professionally.
Once you join the team, you’ll discover an open, honest environment where everyone is treated equally, feedback is actively encouraged and a job well done is always recognised and rewarded.
As an Environmental Team Leader, you will be responsible for the day-to-day operation of our waste disposal centre in Luton.
Striving to deliver excellent customer service, you will actively encourage recycling and reusing items and help members of the public to use our waste disposal facilities.
The other key aspect of your role will involve ensuring the health and safety of staff, visitors, contractors, agency staff and customers on-site.
Some of your duties will include:
- Leading and motivating your team to complete tasks to a high standard
- Supporting the Contract Operations Manager in delivering a safe and efficient recycling centre service
- Encouraging staff to identify reusable items and pass them on to our charity partners
- Ensuring that all plant and equipment safety checks are completed
- Making sure that all waste is identified and non-conforming waste is appropriately dealt with
To join us as our Environmental Team Leader, you’ll need:
- Experience of working in a customer-facing environment
- Team management experience, including the ability to lead a multi-disciplined team
- Great communication skills
- A commitment to delivering high levels of customer service
The closing date for applications is the 15th September 2021.
Other organisations may call this role Recycling Centre Team Leader, Recycling Centre Supervisor, Refuse Site Supervisor, or Refuse Centre Team Leader.
Webrecruit and FCC Environment are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as an Environmental Team Leader, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'