Environmental Monitoring Engineers (12 month fixed term contract)
Fugro is the world’s leading independent provider of geo-intelligence and asset integrity solutions.
We are looking for confident, talented and innovative individuals to join our Land Site Characterisation Team based in Wallingford; this team specialises in the collection, processing and interpretation of earth science and engineering data.
Our Environmental Monitoring Team visit a range of sites to collect environmental samples of groundwater and ground gas from pre-installed ground monitoring wells utilising a range of pumping and sampling techniques. On site monitoring of ground water levels and quality parameters as well as ground gas concentrations using a range of equipment will also be required.
Key responsibilities include:
- Liaising with the Geoenvironmental Coordinator and/or Team Leader to plan monitoring and sampling visits
- Recording project progress against programmes
- Maintaining all equipment and liaising with the Geoenvironmental Coordinator for ordering and storage of consumables and to maintain calibration of probes and monitoring equipment
- To manage sample transport and tracking to nominated analytical chemistry laboratories under the supervision of the Geoenvironmental Coordinator
- Aid the Team Leader with other site and office activities as required.
- Administer laboratory testing programmes
- Check field data, prepare and submit records
- Collate technical data, prepare factual reports, desk studies and interpretative reports for review
- Understand the terms of procurement of our services to ensure that our contractual interests can be safeguarded and commercial opportunities are recognised and pursued
Successful applicants will have:
- A degree in Geology, Earth Science or Environmental discipline. An MSc in Engineering Geology/ Soil Mechanics/ Geotechnics or a similar qualification relevant to the ground investigation industry would be an advantage. GCSE’s (Including English and maths grade C or above).
- Experience of data collection, specifically numerical recording of readings from technical equipment would be an advantage
- The ability to work remotely and independently across our selection of outdoor sites
- A full driving licence
- Experience of groundwater and gas sampling and monitoring techniques is preferable but not essential as full training will be given as required
The following skills are required:
- Proficiency with basic Microsoft Office packages
- Adaptability, the ability to successfully prioritise workload, confident communication skills and an appreciation for the importance of accurate data
- Good literacy and numeracy skills
The role is predominantly site based with daily travel. Some short periods staying away from home will be required.
Our successful candidates will receive a competitive salary and benefits packages.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"