My client, a well-established environmental consultancy, is looking to appoint an Environmental Management Consultant in their Oxfordshire office. This business offer a broad range of consultancy and research services to public and private sector clients within the environmental, rural and agricultural markets. The successful candidate will join a busy Land and Environmental team working closely with colleagues from wider disciplines.
About The Role
The main purpose of this position will be to contribute to the management and delivery of land and water management, agricultural, woodland and ecology contracts to a broad range of development, rail and utility projects. The successful candidate will be responsible for applying to and obtaining environmental permits and consents from a range of environmental bodies. You will also be involved with flood risk assessments and water constraint surveys. This role will involve the preparation of Waste Management Plans and Environmental Management Plans as well as tendering to contracts for land management works on various sites.
You will manage a broad range of projects and will provide support to more junior team members when necessary. The successful candidate will also maintain excellent working relationships with colleagues and clients and support the team's sales and business development activities.
- Strong academic background with a relevant environmental or land qualification
- Working towards membership of a relevant professional body, E.g. Association for Project Management (AMP), Institute of Environmental Management & Assessment (IEMA)
- Experience obtaining environmental consents from a range of legislative bodies
- Demonstrable knowledge of water management, land management and environmental issues
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to produce high quality written reports and documents, E.g. Environmental Management Plans and Waste Management Plans
Salary & Benefits
You will be offered a competitive starting salary along with a flexible benefits programme, including private health care and child care vouchers. You will also receive regular training and ongoing professional development.
For more information or for further vacancies within the Environment or Planning sectors, please contact Gemma Seaman of Penguin Recruitment directly on . Alternatively, you can send an email and we'll call you back. Emails to: .
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job