The Environmental Lab Manager ensures the Environmental Test Laboratory provides the best possible use of resources for the company when performing environmental testing of equipment and components for Curtiss Wright. Direct the effective and efficient operation of the independently accredited laboratory, complying with all UKAS regulatory requirements to achieve and maintain its accreditation status. Review and maintain the requirements of ISO 17025 and all associated UKAS requirements.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Comply with all Company and personal Health and Safety requirements.
- Establish, implement, maintain and improve the Laboratory Quality Management System. Compile the Quality Manual.
- Assume the roles of Technical Manager and Quality Manager for the purposes of UKAS accreditation requirements.
- Implement a range of environmental tests to stated operational and quality procedures and produce associated reports, certificates and other documentation as required, all in accordance with customer requirements.
- Responsible for all aspects of day-to-day operation of the Laboratory and for the supervision of Laboratory staff (One direct report).
- Control of documentation, maintaining test records, storage and safe handling of Customers' test samples and equipment, and identification of any nonconformity during testing.
- Plan and implement the Calibration system in accordance with ISO 17025.
- Direct Engineers with technical advice and assistance and clarification of their requirements.
- Attend courses, seminars etc as required to assure the required levels of knowledge and competence.
Qualifications / Experience
- An electronics related HNC (or equivalent) or degree in a related subject and experience in an environmental laboratory-based role and experience of ISO17025 / relevant UKAS requirements.
- A sound knowledge of National Standards and associated test specifications. Able to discuss the technical nuances of random vibration and proficient at programming vibration controllers, Computer literate with a good working knowledge of Word and Excel.
- Full understanding of measurement uncertainty principles and techniques
- Experience in a similar role during which appropriate knowledge has been gained, including attendance of appropriate short courses and seminars.
- Able to remain within operating budgets and achieve cost effectiveness savings where possible.
- Able to carry out all activities in a disciplined and professional manner.
- Analyse, interpret and advise all technical aspects of customer enquiries and recommend suitable test solutions where needed.
- Team player with good interpersonal skills and ability to communicate confidently and persuasively with a wide variety of people, up to senior levels.
- Good organisational skills and ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure.
- Self-motivated and the ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Flexible as some out of hours and weekend working may be required.
This position may require exposure to information which is subject to export control regulations such as the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must meet eligibility requirements of the ITAR and of the UK/EU through completion of a Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) application. In the event information provided on the BPSS application reveals ineligibility to access US export controlled information, any offer of employment may be withdrawn.
Curtiss-Wright values diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you require accommodation due to a disability at any time during the recruitment and/or assessment process, please contact Talent Acquisition and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request
Transform Your Tomorrow...Today at Curtiss-Wright
At Curtiss-Wright, you have the opportunity to transform the way our customers do business, as well as transform your career. Our entrepreneurial environment provides our employees with excellent experiences that enable them to develop their skills through stretch assignments and the opportunity to work with the best talent in the industry. At Curtiss-Wright, you will have the opportunity to contribute from day one. And...that's just the beginning of how we help you transform your tomorrow.
Curtiss-Wright Corporation (NYSE:CW) is a global innovative company that delivers highly engineered, critical function products and services to the commercial, industrial, defense and energy markets. Building on the heritage of Glenn Curtiss and the Wright brothers, Curtiss-Wright has a long tradition of providing reliable solutions through trusted customer relationships. The company employs approximately 10,000 people worldwide, and has a turnover of over $2.5 billion per annum.