My client is a global leader within their industry, and due to growth plans within the business they are now looking to recruit an Environmental Health & Safety Specialist for their manufacturing facility based in Wiltshire, and also supporting a manufacturing site based in Ireland.
This is a newly created position, and you will be joining a business who supply products to the aerospace, power transmission, utilities and telecoms sectors to name a few. Their products are innovative in their design and manufactured to the highest quality.
Within the role of Environmental Health & Safety Specialist your role will be to define the EHS strategy for UK and Ireland by establishing guidelines and standards for risk based management of health, safety and environmental accountabilities.
You will be responsible for the overall development, implementation and maintenance of contemporary risk based behavior-led EHS programs in a manufacturing, production and research environment with emphasis on electrical / mechanical equipment and chemical based processes.
The successful candidate will have already held a similar position for a minimum of 3 years, and be able to show a track record in achieving results within a manufacturing environment.
- Proven success in implementing and/or managing a comprehensive EHS program
- Graduate/Chartered Member of IOSH
- Comprehensive knowledge of UK & Ireland HSE legislation and governmental regulations and their application
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Strong organizational skills with ability to effectively partner / influence and deliver multiple projects through business teams and key stakeholders
In return my client offers a competitive salary package and benefits.