Environmental, Health and Safety Officer (EHS Officer)
£25,000 to £28,000
This exciting new role will be assisting both the Health and Safety Manager and the Environmental and Sustainability Manager within this expanding department. The core of the role will be supporting the development of the company Business Management System to a recognised ISO standard.
The right candidate maybe an experienced H&S time served or qualified individual, a recent graduate with a year or two in industry or an experienced EHS Apprentice. Either way, if you feel you have the experience and the passion to be successful in this role then please apply immediately.
You will be the first point of contact for assisting and advising departments on the EHS systems and promoting a positive and proactive EHS culture throughout the business.
- Maintaining and updating relevant Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), knowledge of COSHH regulations and risk assessments across site ensuring the company is compliant
- Producing and advising staff regarding safe working practices
- Updating the accident statistics board on a daily basis
- Carrying out new starter/contractor health and safety inductions and site tours, accompanying contractors where necessary
- Keeping and updating records of new starter/contractor inductions
- Maintaining documentation and reports for various Health and Safety data
- Maintaining the H&S news and details on the company intranet system
- Assist in carrying out accident investigation procedures when required
- Carrying out internal audits and assisting the external auditors when on-site
- Provide succinct and usable data for reports and meetings
- Conducting daily site checks including monitoring various systems
- Supervising the first aid team and liaising with the Training Officer to ensure training is up-to-date
- Updating the adverse event logs, ensuring that they are actioned in a timely manner
- In conjunction with the Training Officer ensuring relevant training programmes are implemented including but not limited to: Manual Handling, Machinery Regulations, PPE, COSHH, Accident Investigation and Reporting and Risk Assessment
- Maintaining all necessary communication with the relevant regulatory bodies
- Strong IT skills including experience of Microsoft packages, particularly Excel
- Excellent diplomatic communication skills and ability to deliver information to all levels within the business and externally
- The ability to write concise and cogent reports, policies and procedures etc.
- The ability to build strong trusting relationships within the work environment
- A high level of technical understanding in the EHS field
- Previous experience within an EHS environment
- A General NEBOSH certificate or equivalent would be ideal
- IEMA Membership at associate or graduate level
- Experience within a production / manufacturing environment
- Experience in a 'continual improvement’ environment and the desire to use this knowledge within the department.
- Ability to prioritise, plan own workload with minimal supervision
- A self-driven individual with the curiosity and tenacity to question processes
This company offers an amazing package, including Flexi-Hours, 37 hour week, Company Bonuses, Health Benefits, excellent pension scheme, free parking and 33 days of annual leave!