Environmental Health Professional (Private Sector Housing and Environmental Protection)
Job Location: Witney, West Oxfordshire
Salary: Up to £29,066 per annum, based on skills and experience
Hours per week: 37 (part time hours would be considered)
Contract Type: Fixed Term Contract - 1 Year
Closing Date: 4th October 2018
Job Reference: ERS10144 - 2
No. of Vacancies: 01
Service: Environmental and Regulatory Services
Publica is seeking to recruit an Officer to work within Environmental and Regulatory Services (ERS). ERS provide Environmental Health, Licensing and Building Control services across Cotswold, West Oxfordshire and Forest of Dean Districts. Reporting to the Service Leader, this post will allow you to gain a wide range of experience with particular emphasis on private sector housing, HMO licensing, environmental protection and enviro-crime work.
- To be an officer in one of the environmental service functions working under the general direction of a Service Leader and exercise all powers and duties imposed by statute or delegated.
- Plan, organise and monitor workloads to ensure agreed levels of service and performance targets are achieved.
- To deliver and take responsibility for tasks with medium risk and complexity within the service area.
- Be proactive in solving problems, managing risk and issues effectively.
- To undertake investigations and enforcement action, including the service of notices and giving evidence in court, where necessary.
- Ensure that outputs, including data recording, reports, written correspondence and verbal advice accord with the service’s quality standards and procedures.
- Identify and plan for your own professional development.
- In accordance with the provisions of the Health and Safety at Work etc. Act 1974 take reasonable care for the health and safety of yourself and of other people who may be affected by your acts or omissions at work; and co-operate with the Council so far as is necessary to enable the Council to perform or comply with its duties under any statutory health and safety provisions.
- Undertake any other duties that can be accommodated within the grading of the post as delegated by your line manager.
- Relevant Degree or equivalent experience
- Knowledge and experience in specific environmental service function(s).
- Certificate of Registration of the Environmental Health Officers’ Registration Board (EHRB)
- Membership of relevant professional body
- Relevant professional qualification(s)
- Knowledge or experience of working in a multidisciplinary environment
We are looking for an enthusiastic and committed individual with a track record of excellence in service delivery. You will carry out a wide range of duties whilst supporting other team members in their routine work and providing technical supervision as necessary. You will be based in one centre but prepared to work across all districts making full use of our remote working facilities.
- Your CV and cover letter is required; telling us more about your skills, knowledge, qualifications and experience and how they meet the criteria listed above. It’s important that we’re a good fit for each other, so we’d also like to know what’s important to you about working for Publica.
- This vacancy has been re-advertised following an unsuccessful shortlisting, therefore old applicants need not apply.
- All successful applicants will need to provide evidence of their eligibility to work in the UK.
- Please note that this position requires Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) clearance and Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) clearance.
- If you do not hear from us within four weeks of the closing date, unfortunately your application has not been successful on this occasion.
- Data Management
- Problem Solving
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'