ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH OFFICER
MON - FRI
£23 PER HOUR
Adecco are currently recruiting for an Environmental Health Officer to work within a Local Authority based in Hounslow.
The Environmental Health Officer will be required to work in a Regulatory Services to make the borough a cleaner and safer place for the public by;
- seeking to change business, community or individual behaviour through communication, persuasion, advice, guidance, investigation or enforcement;
- persuasion, investigation and enforcement to achieving compliance with statutory requirements;
- working with staff and partners to find effective joint solutions and achieve positive outcomes for the public and specifically for victims of crime;
- being visible and accountable to the public; and
- encouraging the involvement of the public, businesses and community groups in looking after their areas so they become self-sustaining.
Knowledge and Experience;
- Knowledge and understanding of framework of legislation, statutory instruments, codes of practice, corporate policies, local systems, audit schemes, policies, guidance and good professional practice relevant to work undertaken.
- Understanding of operational working and experience of applying knowledge of the law and associated codes of practice to the investigation and resolution of issues, problems and service request
- Able to act with authority as a representative of the Council to residents and members of the public.
- Able to reason, analyse and take appropriate decisions. Able to interpret and apply procedural guidance and determine appropriate approaches.
- Able to record information, undertake investigations relating to statutory issues and prepare reports including those to be used in court papers from time to time.
- Able to interact and explain to the public issues of anti-social behaviour and environment crime.
- Able to organise and plan workload.
- Able to undertake inspections that involve awkward postures and manual handling, and to work in an outdoor environment, in all weather conditions.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://candidate-privacy
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'