Currently recruiting for an experienced Environmental Health Officer to identify, inspect and improve standards in all privately rented accommodation in the borough, these include single family dwellings where complaints arise from disrepair, dampness and vermin. This role includes the identification, inspection and licensing of Houses in Multiple Occupation (HMOs), also identifying and taking action against rogue landlords and agents who let substandard accommodation, and dealing with harassment of tenants.
Skills and requirements:
- Must be a qualified Environmental Health Officer, and be registered with the Chartered Institute of Environmental Health (CIEH).
- Officers with Enforcement Experience in Privately Rented Sector maybe considered, and will be reflected in grade appointed at.
- Candidate must be Housing Health and Safety Rating System (HHSRS) Qualified and experience of identifying and taking enforcement action in Single Family Dwellings and Houses in Multiple Occupation (HMOs).
- Enforcement action including prosecution experience would also be a great asset.
- Candidate must have experience of using an Environmental Health Complaints system.
Please note this is a contracted position of 3-6 months with the possibility of extension depending on budgets and performance.
**Please note as an agency we can only offer an Umbrella PAYE rate for this post **
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job