Our People Are Our Greatest Resource
Environmental, Health and Safety Manager - Energy Recovery Facility (ERF), Beddington
Salary - Competitive
At Viridor, we’re one of the UK’s leading recycling, renewable energy and waste management companies and part of the FTSE 250 Pennon Group. We put waste into action, transforming it into high quality recyclables, raw materials and energy and are at the forefront of the UK’s green economy. We’re undergoing rapid change and development which provides opportunities for those who are seeking a role to make their mark and drive forward a best in class performance.
Fast growing and investing over £1.2bn in the development of a network of state of the art Energy Recovery Facilities across the UK, we’re already established as the second largest operator in the UK and looking to become the largest. The ERFs reduce the reliance on landfill or exporting waste for treatment whilst becoming a revenue generating business.
Our Beddington ERF requires an experienced Environmental, Health and Safety professional to work alongside the Operations Manager ensuring no compromise is made with regards to health, safety and environmental compliance at all times.
As our Environmental, Health and Safety Manager you will be responsible for the management and monitoring of safety systems, procedures and safe systems of work. You will ensure compliance with environmental permits or licenses alongside an ability to interpret emissions data, develop working plans and auditing. You will implement policy and procedure to deliver a highly compliant, quality led environment with safety at its core. You will work with the Head of Operations and site team in the development of the plant to maintain high productivity.
Our ideal Environmental, Health and Safety Manager will ideally have:
- Experience of an energy from waste facility would be advantageous and preferable
- Relevant experience within a highly regulated and compliance focussed environment
- Strong leadership skills to lead and develop a new team in a start-up scenario with a no compromise approach to health, safety and environmental compliance. Able to work with the Management Team to embed a safety and compliance focussed culture within a complex workplace
- Experience of permitted/regulated activities and processes, preferably within controlled emissions environment
- Knowledge and experience of Continuous Emission Monitoring Systems (CEMS)
- Knowledge of the energy from waste/power industry inclusive of legislative knowledge
- IOSH/NEBOSH safety qualification (or equivalent)
- Awareness of the relevant management standards OHSAS18001, ISO18001, ISO14001 and ISO50001
- Thorough understanding and knowledge of environmental regulation and technical aspects of waste management
- Full driving license
At Viridor, we offer a competitive salary as well as excellent benefits including our pension scheme, healthcare, free eye test and safety eyewear where required alongside a number of flexible benefits.
This is an exciting opportunity in our fast-growing business to join, develop and drive forward the environmental and safety compliance within our state of the art Beddington ERF.
- health and safety