Are you an experienced within the food industry and have enjoyed a Technical or Engineering career? Are you looking for your next step? If so, we are now recruiting for an Environmental Coordinator and are looking for individuals just like you!
Dairy Crest is in a very exciting period of growth focussing on investment and development of our existing strong brands including Cathedral City, Country Life and Clover and the manufacturing of Demineralised Whey and Galacto-oligosaccharide (GOS).
Our Davidstow site has recently completed a major refurbishment and expansion programme. The site produces over 50k tonnes of cheddar, 24k tonnes of Demineralised Whey Powder and circa 13k tonnes of Galacto-Oligosaccharide, employing circa 165 employees on a 365/24 basis.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a motivated and knowledgeable individual, to join our team as our Environmental Coordinator on a 12-month fixed term contract, based in Davidstow.
What can we do for you?
- Highly competitive salary
- Workplace pension
- Being a part of a culture that recognises and rewards successes
- Free, onsite parking
- Discounted branded products
- Subsidised staff restaurant
- No Zero-hour contracts
Environmental Coordinator Responsibilities:
Joining the team, you will support implementation of site-specific programs to deliver the corporate Security and Environment policies and site objectives / targets. Responsibilities will also include:
- Maintaining effective management systems for security and environment, which reduce the risks of damage, theft, or pollution, and is audited annually.
- Ensuring the site is capable of delivering its annual environmental plans to achieve continual improvement.
- Auditing local compliance with Dairy Crest standards annually. Support 3rd party and external audits and identifying corrective action programs to improve.
- Co-ordinating the investigation of any environmental accidents or incidents effecting property or the local environment. This includes liaising with any enforcement authorities, as an Accident/Incident Investigator and support for the HSE manager.
The ideal Environmental Coordinator:
To be successful in this role, you will possess the following:
- NEBOSH & IEMA Qualified
- Food Hygiene Level 2 preferred
- Auditor Certification preferred
- Minimum of 3 years working within the food industry in a relevant role
- Ease at integrating with colleagues across a spectrum
- Ability to monitor own status, gap analysis and create recovery plans if required.
- Qualification or background in a Technical or Engineering field
Who are we?
Dairy Crest are a leading British dairy products company and we’re on a mission to create exceptional food, loved by every generation. We own and manage some of the UK's most popular dairy products and brands, including: Cathedral City, Davidstow, Country Life, Clover, Utterly Butterly and Vitalite.
If you are looking for your next challenge as our Environmental Coordinator, then we want to hear from you, please click APPLY!
The vacancy you have applied for is being advertised by CVWOW Ltd, the UK's leading, award winning recruitment specialist. No terminology in this advert is intended to be deemed discriminatory. We are happy to accept applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their age, gender, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation or marital status. Full terms and conditions of the CVWOW business can be found on our website.
- Environmental Management
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'