Our client, a leading independent Oil & Gas operator, based in Norwich, is currently seeking an Environmental Advisor to join their busy team.
This is a great opportunity for a dynamic individual to work as part of the QSHE team, reporting directly to the QSHE Manager.
The successful candidate will be an experienced environment professional who will provide Environmental Support to the Southern North Sea UK Operation. Responsibilities include ensuring compliance with all relevant environmental legislation, codes of practice, guidelines, industry standards and good practice throughout all stages of the of the offshore and onshore business.
Additionally, this role will be key to driving consolidation and leading improvements in the environmental management system.
This position is based in Norwich with occasional travel to other sites and offshore assets as required.
Key responsibilities include
- Acting as focal point with relevant Regulatory authorities
- Ensuring our client maintains its ISO 14001 standard and facilitating the certification audit process
- Providing advice and guidance to all operational sites on environmental issues
- Seeking to ensure a consistent approach to environmental management across all operational locations
- Supporting Projects (including decommissioning projects) to ensure that environmental issues are considered
- Identifying environmental training, competency and awareness requirements and supporting HR’s role in the recording and tracking of competence
- Providing support to the site based HSE Advisors (HSEAs) on environmental issues and the Environmental Management System (EMS)
- Updating progress with the Annual QSSHE Plan (specifically with regards to environmental topics)
- Supporting the inclusion of environmental issues in the framework of the Annual QSSHE Assurance Programme. Assist other departments in the delivery of other audits relating to the QSSHE Assurance Programme
- Improving workforce awareness of environmental issues through presentations and coaching during site visits
- Undertaking regular site visits to ensure environmental standards are being maintained and line ownership of the environmental management system is in place
- Cooperate with other members of the QSSHE Team and other Teams and individuals in delivering the QSSHE service
- Participating (from time to time) as an incident investigation team member and/or providing environmental advice to other investigation teams
The successful candidate will ideally have a relevant environmental qualification to degree or post graduate level, along with a strong understanding in offshore environmental regulatory framework applicable to the oil and gas industry. You will have good knowledge of Microsoft Office packages such as Excel, Word and PowerPoint along with excellent customer service skills.
For further details regarding this exciting opportunity please forward a copy of your CV today!
Todd Hayes Ltd is an equal opportunities employer. Due to the large number of applications we receive I’m afraid we are unable to respond to everyone individually however your details will remain on file should another suitable opportunity become available moving forward.
If we can take your application further we will of course be in touch.
Todd Hayes is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Todd Hayes Ltd
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job