Our client has an exciting opportunity for an Environment Manager to join their team based in Hereford. You will be on a full time permanent basis and receive a competitive salary.
Our client is one of the fastest growing technology companies in the UK and are experts in the payment and financial services arena. They have also successfully diversified into a number of other sectors.
They are now recruiting for an Environment Manager to join their Development team, based in their Hereford Head Office. In this role, you’ll own and manage all non-production Environments and develop Environment management processes and frameworks. You’ll also ensure version and data control within built environments and release/build notes are properly maintained and efficiently managed.
What you will be doing as their Environment Manager
- Ensuring there are processes, procedures and SLAs in place with all parties involved in environment provision to be able to provide a timely and consistent service to internal and external stakeholders;
- Developing, maintaining and enhancing a clear blueprint for environment provision for non-production activities and ensure all projects and teams are supported in an efficient manner.
- Collaborating with the Delivery teams, IT Ops, Solutions Architects and SMEs to establish the technical vision, and be able to provision in advance likely requirements for environment.
- Automating, where feasible and practical, processes around environment builds, deployments, maintenance, monitoring and clear down.
- Acting as the gatekeeper for all non-production environments and ensure rigid processes are follow with regard to version control, data provision, access levels, usage, etc.
What are they looking for in their Environment Manager
- Demonstrable experience in an Environment/Configuration Management role.
- The ability to set up and manage new process to support newly built environments.
- Experience of managing complex issues and problems.
- Practical Experience of working within an Agile Framework.
- Knowledge and understanding of various software environments including Client Server Applications, Service Orientated Architecture, Enterprise Service Bus and Business Intelligence systems
Benefits of working for them
In return, our client offers a competitive salary, a range of additional benefits, including 25 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays every year. Roles in their Hereford Head Office, where this is based, benefit from their two on-site subsidised restaurants and free parking, as well as access to their subsidised gym with personal trainer.
If you feel you are the right candidate for the role as their Environment Manager then please click ‘apply’ now! They’d love to hear from you!
All roles with our client are subject to a successful DBS (formerly CRB) and Credit Check.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job