We are looking for Environment Artists with experience working in high-poly modular environments. Our artists are responsible for working closely with designers in laying out and finishing geo, props, materials, and textures.
The ideal candidate has a strong understanding of environment asset creation and modular kit-based construction methodologies. They understand all phases of environment creation from block-out through lighting. They work well and communicate with designers and other disciplines in a collaborative team oriented development process.
Sample pictures or portfolio link, which shows sample work are necessary.
Portfolio or demo reel should demonstrate:
• Exceptional modeling skills. Great assets examples using custom normal workflow or high to low poly baking
• Strong understanding of a PBR workflow
• Examples of building realistic shader libraries
• Ability to create game ready assets, that work well within the given technical limitations
• Very strong texturing skills and excellent knowledge of Adobe Photoshop
• Keen eye on detail and realism
• A strong sense for composition, color and light
• At least average drawing/painting skills
• Creating game ready models of environmental objects (architectural building sets, organic’s, etc)
• Working in the editor to build out levels and environments
• Creating efficient UV layouts that work well within the engine/platform constrains
• Creating realistic PBR shaders
• Work closely with Level Lead, and Lead Environment Artist
• Work closely together with the Level Design department
• Work independently on asset sets and oversee level art
• Thorough knowledge of the game development process.
• Previous experience creating high quality environments for AAA games.
• Strong working knowledge of 3DS Max and Photoshop, as well as, experience in using editors to lay out environments.
• Strong knowledge of Substance / Quixel packages
• Experience creating environments using modular systems.
• An Understanding of effective asset creation and optimization.
• Experience applying and tweaking shaders.
• A keen eye for spatial composition and building believable scenes.
• Excellent sense of form, mass and volume.
• Passion for pushing the state of the art in asset fidelity and production techniques.
• High degree of self-motivation and initiative.
• International travel may be required as part of the role.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"