We're the 3rd Largest Software Company in the UK and we’re looking for a self motivated Support Consultant to join our brilliant software support team.
This role is based in our stunning new Regional HQ in the Mailbox, Birmingham and will help put rising stars onto the right track and into the career they desire and deserve.
Advanced rewards innovation, raw talent & gives you the scope and defined career path to seize every opportunity and unlock your true potential. Life at Advanced begins in an unprecedented environment with a role that matters, taking you on a fast paced and intense journey of discovery, however big that might be.
We’re one of the UK’s largest and fastest growing software companies. True partnership is the defining thing that enables us to stand out from the competition. We pride ourselves on delivering focused software solutions for the public sector, enterprise commercial and health & care organisations that simplify complex business challenges and deliver immediate and high quality value.
The Team and Role
This is a great opportunity to join an award winning and one of a kind team heavily focused on quality of service and personal development, with endless opportunities for the right individual.
You, as the right candidate, will be joining a fast paced and dynamic support department that is passionate about delivering excellent customer service and resolving customer issues.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
The successful candidate will be involved in all aspects of technical and application support, and the primary responsibilities will include:
- To handle incoming calls into Support, providing investigation into the nature of the issue, the relevant area of the system and the version information. Ensuring that all key information is captured accurately.
- Troubleshoot and resolve basic customer queries aiming for first call resolution where possible using all tools available.
- Ensure an exceptional level of customer service and satisfaction is met at all customer touch points.
- Educate customers in use of self-help resources, such as knowledge base and customer portal.
- Ensure a high level of written and verbal communication is maintained both internally and externally.
- Managing an incident queue ensuring that service level agreements are met, keeping customers informed of progress of their issue.
- Perform and complete all aspects of Support service (telephone calls, web incidents, voicemails, call backs, e-mails etc) to ensure the successful resolution of issues, providing workarounds when appropriate.
- Advising customers on the technical aspects of the product and environment it is installed into, and best practice methods for installation, maintenance, backup/restore processes.
- Proactively suggest improvements to internal process and procedure where relevant.
- Escalation of issues to other teams.
- Recreation and logging of product defects.
- Provide support to other team members by sharing workload, resources and knowledge.
- Creation and upkeep of application and technical knowledge base documentation.
- Accurately diagnose root causes of reported problems.
- Identifying problem areas and logging these in the support system.
The ideal candidate will bring with them/be:
- Well organised, with the ability to work proactively in a team, in a busy environment.
- Capable of building strong customer relationships.
- Well-developed oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritise and multi-task.
- Quick learner - ability to learn new skills and retain knowledge.
- Able to show good attention to detail.
- Effective problem solving skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Patient and polite under pressure.
- Able to identify trends and escalate to seniors for trend analysis.
Knowledge and Experience
- Experience using Microsoft Office (including Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Technical awareness
Desirable but not Essential Skills:
- Experience/background from an accountancy and/or technical perspective
- Customer-facing experience
- Knowledge of database software, including Microsoft SQL.
- Knowledge of Microsoft windows platforms.
- Some knowledge of Accountancy, Education, Local Government or ERP systems.
What we can offer you
Join a business that embraces innovation, gives you the scope to seize every opportunity and will help get you where you want to go. Life at Advanced begins in an unprecedented environment with a role that matters, taking you on a fast paced journey of discovery, however big that might be.
- Competitive salary
- A truly stunning office environment
- 25 days annual holiday
- A development programme designed to help you reach your goals
- Learning environment working alongside experts in the latest technologies
- Excellent benefits package available from day one: contributory pension, life insurance, income protection insurance, childcare voucher salary sacrifice, cycle to work scheme, and employee assistance programme
- Exceptional career progression opportunities, within the Advanced Group